Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zika was a epidemy that affected mostly Brazil infecting 100.000 people. It killed 6 (SIX) people during almost one year of epidemy.

There were players at time that didnt have the courage to admit they wouldnt travel to Brazil due to Zika. But it was obvious that was the main reason.

Feliciano Lopez didnt came because of the Zika virus. And now wants to organize a whole tournament during Corona.

Isner is giving nicknames like coronabros, but feared more a moskito with a less letal disease than people with corona.

Thiem didnt came also, but Im not really sure about him

Zverev didnt came due to corona, but went to Adria tour.

I remember Kyrgios not coming, but at least he doesnt seem to want to play now.
Just like Halep who skipped Rio and will skip this USO.

Federer was injured after Wimbledon, but before that he was afraid to come.

Raonic also feared. I doubt Raonic will skip this USO if it happens.

Karlovic, Dolgopolov and Tomic also feared Zika.

So, is this a big prejudice with 3rd world countries or what? What "changed" on the minds of all those hypocryte players?

I think its fair to fear Zika. But its strange to fear Zika and not fear corona.

·
Premium Member
21,106 Posts
It's not like they would've won anything. And now they are 4 yrs older, if they are not going to play now this year or the next, they might as well retire (Isner, Lopez, Karlovic).

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thiem didnt came also, but Im not really sure about him
Thiem doesn't care about the Olympics, if Tokyo took place this year, he preferred to play Kitzbühel, and little reason for it to be different next year.

Stan also, doesn't care, didn't play Rio 2016.

In 2008, Del Potro, Roddick were not going to Beijing but to Washington and LA.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
To these guys Corona is flu. Zeke is damaging

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Everybody should be awake now about this political media virus or at least highly suspicious. When the deep state media tries to ban a known cure HCQ you should be awake. But it's scary how many people are under deep mind control hypnosis of the fake news media.

Reactions: Burrow

·
28,562 Posts
They didn't withdraw due to zika.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doping regulations are different at the Olympics compared to the ATP tour, right?

·
28,562 Posts
Thiem doesn't care about the Olympics, if Tokyo took place this year, he preferred to play Kitzbühel, and little reason for it to be different next year.

Stan also, doesn't care, didn't play Rio 2016.

In 2008, Del Potro, Roddick were not going to Beijing but to Washington and LA.
I'm almost certain Del Potro didn't qualify for the Olympics in 2008.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Everybody should be awake now about this political media virus or at least highly suspicious. When the deep state media tries to ban a known cure HCQ you should be awake. But it's scary how many people are under deep mind control hypnosis of the fake news media.

·
Registered
466 Posts
$$$$$

Olympics has no prize money or ranking points which is the priority for many players. Zika was a convenient excuse for them to avoid questions about their self-centeredness and lack of commitment to competing for their country.

Reactions: cpbdea

·
Registered
126 Posts
By 2016 the disease was basically controlled. 2015 shit was serious though. It was an excuse, but as someone who got in 2015, some bone fragility still lingers and probably always will as I ain't getting any younger lol. That could be a great concern for a player, but then again, they have all the medical resources.
As far as Isner is concerned, the disease is a hoax, so no problem can be found.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
a moskito with a less letal disease than people with corona.
Wasn't mortality rate at 8%? That would put it above Corona for sure, there's no doubt about it.

Considering the currently confirmed cases of microcephaly and related deaths associated with Zika virus in Brazil, the estimated case fatality rate is 8.3% (95% confidence interval: 7.2-9.6). However, a third of the reported cases remain under investigation. If the confirmation rates of cases and deaths are the same in the future, the estimated case fatality rate will be as high as 10.5% (95% confidence interval: 9.5-11.7).
Microcephaly Case Fatality Rate Associated with Zika Virus Infection in Brazil: Current Estimates - PubMed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts