Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that Tsitsipas is out, next season, will be interesting to see who takes the early charge between Zverev and Medvedev. This seems like it'll be the main hard court duel over the next 5 years.

970 Posts
Just kissing his ass as usual. Faker the most respect? For what? Cheating nonstop throughout his career? Pushing nonstop throughout matches and fluking lucky shots down match point? Lying to everyone claiming he’s injured when he’s not? Last time I checked, those aren’t exactly reasons to respect someone.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Just kissing his ass as usual. Faker the most respect? For what? Cheating nonstop throughout his career? Pushing nonstop throughout matches and fluking lucky shots down match point? Lying to everyone claiming he’s injured when he’s not? Last time I checked, those aren’t exactly reasons to respect someone.
One of your best posts. (y)

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
We are in the weak, beta era so this is no surprise. This mentality is pathetic.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I will never respect Djokovic on a personal level. I can't accept his antics during a worldwide crisis, it's egoistical and ignores basic facts. As a sports superstar, Djokovic should step up in moments like this, being a role model. But he fucked up in the biggest way possible, and it will define him as a person.

Concerning his sports achievements, my respect knows no limits, though.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
We are in the weak, beta era so this is no surprise. This mentality is pathetic.
I actually like this era where top players respect each other.

The respect between Djokovic<->Medvedev and Djokovic<->Zverev is mutual in both direction.

Not sure how much respect Tsitsipas gets from these 3 though ;-). For sure he does not get much from Medvedev - and Djokovic is neutral to him (was slightly negative earlier -- since Tsitsipas made disrespectful comments about him earlier in the year)

·
Premium Member
22,290 Posts
Just kissing his ass as usual. Faker the most respect? For what?
For this

Holger Rune: "With regard to the younger generations, it is Djokovic who gives the most"

Djokovic has told me many good things. It's funny because it's always Federer and Nadal that are mentioned as the good guys but in terms of the future generations, I think Djokovic is the most giving. I haven’t heard Federer or Nadal giving too much advice to the young players, maybe they do to the youngsters from their countries. But according to me, Djokovic is the most giving.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Glorifying their own results against the guy they have beaten at important moments. Nothing to see here.

If I were Novak I would have told them it was about freaking time! But he's a nice guy. He knows when to shut up. Medvedev telling him he's the goat a couple of seconds after preventing the Serb from winning the Grand Slam was beyond cringe. The fans of Djokovic who sort of applaud this are probably still dealing with the fact their guy lost so they're hanging on to something. But it's Medvedev who obviously feels comfortable living in Djokovic's a$s and never fails to make a fool of himself.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Everything you must know about that Novak is that other player have to praise him because public dislike him so much....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts