Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Zizou Bergs is a 17 year old tennis player from Belgium (born 3rd June 1999). He is ranked No.32 in Juniors and No.1763 in Seniors.
Junior tennis has mostly been his focus. He has played very little Seniors tournaments so far (last year only played 4 Senior events: 2 Futures, 1 Challenger Qualies & 1 ATP250 Qualies). Got his first main draw win at a Futures tournament in October :) Some may recall he got very close to defeating Pierre-Hugues Herbert at the Antwerp ATP250 Qualies back in October (lost 6-4 1-6 6-7(4)) :cool: Maybe a future Top 100 player someday?

Twitter https://twitter.com/ZizouBergs
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/zizoubergs/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ZizouBergsOfficial/

Junior tennis highlights last year included,
Singles finalist Grade 1 Copa Banco de Venezuela
Singles finalist Grade 2 Ex Pilsen Tennis Arena Cup
Singles finalist Grade 2 Matan Gafniel Raanana Open
Doubles semifinalist US Open
Doubles 3rd Place U18 European Junior Championships
:dance:

He will start his 2017 season in Australia :yeah: Beginning with the Grade 1 Junior tournament in Traralgon, and then followed by the Junior Boys Australian Open tournament. The Australian Open will be his first time in the main draw of a Junior Grand Slam :hatoff:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zizou wins another Grade 2 Junior title in singles and doubles this week (once again partnering in doubles with fellow Belgian, Frederic Jacobs) :):)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zizou rose to a Junior ranking of 15 after his awesome 3 week effort in Spain (got to the semifinals in the Grade 1 tournament during his final week there) :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Zizou has won his first professional title ITF in Turkey last week. He does a well job in GB now as he won with Patael first round. Seems a good/talented guy. 100 material?

Any more info ? Tomorrow he plays against Trusendi, tough game for Bergs.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Been following him for a couple years, and to me this kid is the real deal. Definitely top 100 material (hell if Bemelmans did it, so can he).

I hope he has an amazing career, I do believe in him at least :)

Reactions: Mae

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Been following him for a couple years, and to me this kid is the real deal. Definitely top 100 material (hell if Bemelmans did it, so can he).

I hope he has an amazing career, I do believe in him at least :)
I'm sorry I never made it back to the thread until now :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
seems like a great young hope. then again i thought cagnina and coppejans looked good too...
Coppejans was a huge disappointment, and ended up being one of these amazing juniors who never really made a breakthrough :( Bergs seems to have better work ethics so far. More of a Goffin than a Malisse :grin2:

Are you belgian (I know, silly question to ask considering your username), or just interested in Belgian tennis? :D

And don't worry @Mae, it looks like I revived this thread :) (no idea how to tag users in this forum)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Coppejans was a huge disappointment, and ended up being one of these amazing juniors who never really made a breakthrough :( Bergs seems to have better work ethics so far. More of a Goffin than a Malisse :grin2:

Are you belgian (I know, silly question to ask considering your username), or just interested in Belgian tennis? :D

And don't worry @Mae, it looks like I revived this thread :) (no idea how to tag users in this forum)
You sure did and thanks so much for doing so :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
seems like a great young hope. then again i thought cagnina and coppejans looked good too...
Cagnina has been plagued with many injuries, he was playing better in 2017 (moving from around 750 to around 250), and unfortunately he had to undergone a wrist surgery in March this year otherwise he would have almost for sure entered in the qualies of RG, bad luck.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts

just interested in belgian tennis:)

aside from the now retired mirjam ott and carmen schafer and still active benoit schwarz(all curlers) i havent got really any interest at all in swiss athletes

i have more of an interest in belgian tennis and german men's football. 2 favorite athletes active are david and then thomas muller in football

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Cagnina has been plagued with many injuries, he was playing better in 2017 (moving from around 750 to around 250), and unfortunately he had to undergone a wrist surgery in March this year otherwise he would have almost for sure entered in the qualies of RG, bad luck.
wow, that sucks. i hope he can recover and get back to his best tennis. i hope he doesnt end up like laura robson. she had wrist surgery and never has been able to get back to her best

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
That is sad! I do hope he can make a comeback.

wow, that sucks. i hope he can recover and get back to his best tennis. i hope he doesnt end up like laura robson. she had wrist surgery and never has been able to get back to her best
It it certainly a shame about Laura :sad:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Zizou is having a great season for his age.
He is transitioning into the challenger circuit at the moment by entering qualifying. Good choice instead of lingering around in futures.
He just beat 1st seed in the Meerbush challenger (#158) and he qualified by beating 1st seed Bourgue and 7nd seed Muller back to back. Impressive stuff.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Zizou is having a great season for his age.
He is transitioning into the challenger circuit at the moment by entering qualifying. Good choice instead of lingering around in futures.
He just beat 1st seed in the Meerbush challenger (#158) and he qualified by beating 1st seed Bourgue and 7nd seed Muller back to back. Impressive stuff.
Maybe with him playing challengers I will start to remember to follow him :facepalm:

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
He is into the quarterfinal of the futures in Belgium. playing Sandro Ehrat. good that whatever the injury was last week it wasn't major. still not sure what it was

1 - 20 of 24 Posts