Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lacko is on his way. Starace wasn´t able to break his serve during the whole match (only 3BPs, all in the 1st set). Lukas broke him once in the beginning of 3rd set to 0, and then comfortably served it out. Good job! Bogomolov/Marcan next, definitely a good chance for Lukas to make some damage in Zagreb.

Reactions: Mateya

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
So for what I've understand, a serve fest here...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So for what I've understand, a serve fest here...
Yes, surprisingly looked like it. Surprisingly, because Starace is not that kind of player who is all about serve... Lacko is a little bit different, serve is an important weapon for Lukas, but still it was a little unexpected story.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Nice effort from Lacko, but he should be better on return. Bogomolov in second round is very winnable match.

·
Registered
413 Posts
nice mashing of the potato!

keep up the good serve, Lukas

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Poto :hug:

A surprisingly good effort from Potito indoors. People talking about a serve fest, while Potito barely serves and ace and has a 180 km/h kick fisrt serve :lol:
Almost like Volandri would be involved in a serve fest.

Bring on the clay. :) Will he go and play in southamerican clay season?

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Bring on the clay. :) Will he go and play in southamerican clay season?
Yes, according to the entry lists he will play the SA swing starting with Sao Paulo after the Davis Cup.

Reactions: Mateya

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Actually, after Lacko's performance in the AO I think he should have closed it in two sets, but it's always a great pleasure to see Starace losing on R1, hoping that in the next future he will be obliged to play and lose qualies!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Actually, after Lacko's performance in the AO I think he should have closed it in two sets, but it's always a great pleasure to see Starace losing on R1, hoping that in the next future he will be obliged to play and lose qualies!
He obviously should, but I am glad that he overcome some crisis moments, and played for 2+ hours. This may help him in next round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts