Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D :woohoo:

Almost choked in the second (from 4-1 to 5-5),but he did it.
Definitely deserved this WC,he's in form of his life in singles this year.:lol: :yeah:
Now against Ljubo or Gulbis.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
wow, Marc tired from his Challenger win last week?

Gulbis shouldn't have much trouble with Lovro

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
...and people complained last week that Rotterdam QF resembled a challenger. :help: :lol:

Congrats Zovko...was impressed with his level of play in the Davis Cup, last September.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
just you wait and see fellas - I bet you all have not been properly Gulbinized yet

he will rout Ljubicic and Lovro with ease - mark it down

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
just you wait and see fellas - I bet you all have not been properly Gulbinized yet
Oh I have...I had to cover my eyes (Queen's Club '07). :help:

The kid has potential, but he is as brainless, "tennistically," as they come. Also has some of the worst volleys I have ever seen.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Oh I have...I had to cover my eyes (Queen's Club '07). :help:

The kid has potential, but he is as brainless, "tennistically," as they come. Also has some of the worst volleys I have ever seen.
:haha::haha:

most laughable post I have seen yet this year:clap2:

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
good job Lovro

and good luck in 2nd round against Gulbis

Ljuba truba is loser

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
good job Lovro

and good luck in 2nd round against Gulbis

Ljuba truba is loser

this guys knows what he's talking about - riding shotgun on the bandwagon:armed::yeah:

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
I was concerned it might not have been a good idea for the nurses to increase your dosage. :scared:
"wost volleys I've ever seen"

sure he might not be CONSISTENTLY amazing at net, but the display of angle and touch volleys he put on against Robredo was the BEST I have ever seen:worship:

·
Banned
7,774 Posts
dimonator: Why do you rate gulbis so high? Sure he has talent but so does everyone else on tour( besides your typcial mugs like Ginepri, Fish,......). you make it sound like gulbis will threaten the Grand Slam record one day. In reality, he will be lucky to win one. When I was at his qualifying match in Cincy vs Del Potro, I sat in the 2st row but eventually moved because every other forehand from Gulbis was buzzing by my head :eek:

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
dimonator: Why do you rate gulbis so high? Sure he has talent but so does everyone else on tour( besides your typcial mugs like Ginepri, Fish,......). you make it sound like gulbis will threaten the Grand Slam record one day. In reality, he will be lucky to win one. When I was at his qualifying match in Cincy vs Del Potro, I sat in the 2st row but eventually moved because every other forehand from Gulbis was buzzing by my head :eek:
trust me, if you had witnessed the Gulbis-Robredo match (especially from the front row), you would never be the same person again. I was forever changed having witnessed it.

·
Banned
7,774 Posts
trust me, if you had witnessed the Gulbis-Robredo match (especially from the front row), you would never be the same person again. I was forever changed having witnessed it.
yea maybe so but almost every player has a match like that. Gulbis hasnt played near that level since that match and there is no reason yet to believe performances like that will be the norm with him. He has a big serve and big forehand, just like every other top youngster

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
yea maybe so but almost every player has a match like that. Gulbis hasnt played near that level since that match and there is no reason yet to believe performances like that will be the norm with him. He has a big serve and big forehand, just like every other top youngster
very fair points. I was simply answering your question - you asked me why I am so high on Gulbis. That is why. Anyone else who was there in the late hours of that Sunday night (even tho it was a day session match!) is the same.

I agree that that will not be the norm for him. It can't be for anyone. Impossible. I simply think that as he learns to play as smart as he did in that match - perhaps in 2 or 3 years - he will be a consistent force near the top of the game.

But yes, right now he is not there yet. I still think he will beat Ljubicic.

·
Registered
366 Posts

he will rout Ljubicic and Lovro with ease - mark it down
:secret:
Ljubicic beat Gulbis 63 76(7)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts