Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely hilarious match, one of the funniest I've ever watched :worship:

Some incredible points (the highlight being a sensational point won by an amazing dive-volley by Youzhny in the third set, I think at 3-3).

Both were going nuts during the match :shout:

Youzhny had already had a violation, and served a double fault to go break point down, and whacked a ball out the stadium. Almagro thought he should've got another warning and therefore got docked a point and lost the game. He didn't so Almagro went mad and got himself a violation for swearing at the umpire :lol:

Then Almagro served for the match at 5-4 in the third. Youzhny had break point and after a long rally, netted a backhand. So he decides to thump himself on the head several times, and ends up cutting his head :tape: so he has an injury timeout, then comes back and wins the next 7 points.

Youzhny had 6-4 in the tie break but Almagro pulled it back to 6-6 before Misha finally took it.

:hatoff:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm still scratching my eyes in disbelief. What the FUCK was this shit? Rumor has it Mathieu is suing both players for trademark infringement.

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
they need to be hospitalized after this.

psychiatry

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Craziest match I have seen in a long time.

Mugro should have won, and I liked how he didn't shake hands with the ump :cool:

Now go home and get ready for Valencia.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Fucking hilarious match all around.

Almagro was hitting balls into Cuba. Youzhny leads 4-0 in the 1st set cruising along and then drops his serve to 4-1 and Almagro is laughing.

They should have stayed with this match, the first set was quality in a comedic sense.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Did those two break free from the asylum? Two complete nutterbutters. :cuckoo:

I'm glad Youzhny won, because I really don't like Almagro. He's the only Spaniard I have problems with. But what Youzhny did was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Boy is just as bonkers as his fellow countrymen.

·
Stefan 2034
929 Posts
One of the funniest matches I have ever, EVER seen. :haha:

How he pulled that out I will never know. Has there ever been so much drama in a men's match outside of Coria/Hewitt?

Mishka had 31 winners and 76 errors! :spit:

I hope I never see him play like that again.

Then at the end all of the Spanish fans were booing and yelling "PUNTA!" during his salute and he just muttered at them. :hearts:

DAVAI MISHA! :rocker2:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
140 UEs and not even 60 winners between them :tape: :haha:

There were a couple of brilliant points, but it really was not the best tennis.

As far as entertainment goes ... :yeah: 5 stars.

I can't even imagine what the fans of either player must have thought watching that :eek: :hug:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
That match was hilarious and one of the funniest I've seen. Both player were absolute headcases, with the cursing to themselves, the audience the chair ref. And Youzhny needing a medical timeout after hitting himself in the head with a racquet. :lol: The tennis may not have been great quality but all the antics made up for it.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Vince McMahon could have used these two at Wrestlemania last night.

Reactions: adee-gee

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
High comedy, I doubt these two will become good friends any time soon :lol: Big lost opportunity for Almagro.

·
Stefan 2034
929 Posts
140 UEs and not even 60 winners between them :tape: :haha:

There were a couple of brilliant points, but it really was not the best tennis.

As far as entertainment goes ... :yeah: 5 stars.

I can't even imagine what the fans of either player must have thought watching that :eek: :hug:
I was just :spit: the entire time. It was pure entertainment.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts