Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this in my email today...

With YTTV going up in price and now dropping one of my most-watched channels, I think I am going to pull the plug on it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for other streaming services that carry the Tennis Channel?

·
Registered
451 Posts
rarely watched the show anyway worst tennis media Channel on youtube but other people might be upset about this I myself is very happy great day for tennis.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
I have YouTube TV as well, pretty pissed about this. They’ve dropped my two most watched channels too- TC and YES (New York Yankees channel).

Might just get Tennis TV. I guess it’s probably worth the money considering how often I’d watch.
Could be well worth the money, they have good post match analysis and show many re-runs of past 12 months' biggest matches.
Caught it only by the newly offered stream as I am not American and wouldn't watch it otherwise (maybe geographically even not available for my region).

Reactions: BMT360

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I definitely don't want to switch to any other service, since I enjoy YouTube TV, but this is an absolute joke. No wonder tennis doesn't get much interest, considering it barely has any coverage at all. I suppose I'll go back to streaming sites to watch matches. Maybe i'll consider Tennis TV down the road.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
I definitely don't want to switch to any other service, since I enjoy YouTube TV, but this is an absolute joke. No wonder tennis doesn't get much interest, considering it barely has any coverage at all. I suppose I'll go back to streaming sites to watch matches. Maybe i'll consider Tennis TV down the road.
Strange situation in the USA, here in Europe much is covered by Eurosport (down to 500/250 tourneys), so we can't complain.

Reactions: djb84xi

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fully agree with you, it is sad to see. Let me know if you find any good streaming sites...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are you guys gonna subscribe to the tennis channel premium access for $70 a year? I only watch tennis on streaming apps and TV (I don’t watch any other shows, sports, or reality TV) so I don’t know if it’s worth it for me to pay $70 especially since I’m only worth $1.3 million only

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Pretty lame. I have a buddy with YouTube TV and he says that they've been raising costs and dropping channels lately. Sentiment on Twitter seems to be the same with most of the criticism lobbed at YouTube TV. That being said, Tennis Channel is a prickly partner as well. I've been affected in the past by disputes with Verizon and Comcast. Right now they're on FIOS, but if that changes I may end up just cutting the cord and going with TennisTV, Netflix, Prime, etc.

·
29,290 Posts
I have YouTube TV as well, pretty pissed about this. They’ve dropped my two most watched channels too- TC and YES (New York Yankees channel).

Might just get Tennis TV. I guess it’s probably worth the money considering how often I’d watch.
I had TennisTV this year. It was good. Probably watched more tennis than any other year when the season was on.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
I’m surprised Youtube TV is such a huge deal in the States. Barely heard of it

·
Your visions will happen
49,207 Posts
I fully recommend TennisTV, I've had it 2 yrs now

$10/month, every match live and in replay, classic matches going back 30 years, it is a very good service

Of course you can always just stream on the underground sites, but the streams always seem to get cut/lag at the biggest moment of the match

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I fully recommend TennisTV, I've had it 2 yrs now

$10/month, every match live and in replay, classic matches going back 30 years, it is a very good service

Of course you can always just stream on the underground sites, but the streams always seem to get cut/lag at the biggest moment of the match
Exactly. If only they had the slams... That's one of the few things keeping me from cancelling my tv service, so I'd happily pay double the price if they include the slams. The only thing I'll miss is John McEnroe's commentating, which I do enjoy.

·
Your visions will happen
49,207 Posts
Exactly. If only they had the slams... That's one of the few things keeping me from cancelling my tv service, so I'd happily pay double the price if they include the slams. The only thing I'll miss is John McEnroe's commentating, which I do enjoy.
I prefer watching with no commentary quite honestly, which is another option I love on TennisTV

·
Registered
17,695 Posts
This guy I was dating — who I introduced to tennis — had YouTube TV and started watching tennis channel a lot. He broke up with me.

This news brought me tiny bit of joy lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts