3. Federer
4. Wawrinka
5. Berdych
6. Raonic
7. Ferrer
8. Del Potro
9. Dimitrov
10. Murray

Props Dimitrov and well deserved, one of the most consistent players all season. You've come a long way son.

Chin-up Murray, barely any points to defend for the American hard-court swing, since doing so crap last year, drunk off your Wimbledon triumph and crave for surgery.

Get outta there Milos, revolting to see you at number 6.

Props Stan for keeping in the top 5.

Discuss views..............

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Your new ATP top 3-10 ranked ATP tour players on Monday

What's difference between N5 and N8?
Three ranking places?

lol Nah. Del boy living off a protected ranking? Surely he has to drop soon. Semi-finals at SW19 last year as well.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
4. Del Potro - 27/01/2014 - 16/02/2014

Never forget:sad:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost an entire career, blighted by injuries.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Most of Delpo's points to defend are in the later half of the year. Wimbledon was a big one, but Murray lost more points then Delpo did. Murray lost 1640 points, Delpo lost 720. Del Potro also has 3 500 titles that he will lose in the next few months, Washington, Tokyo and Basel. As well as 600 points in the Shanghai final and semis in Cincinatti. Those 5 events alone are 2460 points. He'll likely be out of the top after Washington.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Raonic will drop 600 pts in the Canada Open, but honestly I don't think he'll fall of the top 10 anymore, barring injury. His style is ugly, but he rarely lose in the early rounds of Masters/Slams these days. Look at his results this year: Aussie 3R / Indian Wells QF / Miami QF / Monte Carlo QF / Madrid R16 / Rome SF / Roland Garros QF / Wimbledon SF. Pretty consistent.

I think Ferrer's ranking is going down in the next few months, since he's isn't playing well in any surface but clay this year.

Berdych is another one I can see with short life in the TOP 5, but he'll probably stay in the TOP 10 for a while.

Nishikori will take Del Potro ranking next month for sure. When he's expect to come back, btw? October? For some reason he's on the entry list of Toronto and Cincy.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Raonic will drop 600 pts in the Canada Open, but honestly I don't think he'll fall of the top 10 anymore, barring injury. His style is ugly, but he rarely lose in the early rounds of Masters/Slams these days. Look at his results this year: Aussie 3R / Indian Wells QF / Miami QF / Monte Carlo QF / Madrid R16 / Rome SF / Roland Garros QF / Wimbledon SF. Pretty consistent.

I think Ferrer's ranking is going down in the next few months, since he's isn't playing well in any surface but clay this year.

Berdych is another one I can see with short life in the TOP 5, but he'll probably stay in the TOP 10 for a while.

Nishikori will take Del Potro ranking next month for sure. When he's expect to come back, btw? October? For some reason he's on the entry list of Toronto and Cincy.
If Ferrer plays some clay events after Wimbledon and doesn't flop too early at the US Open Series, he can gain a lot of points. His bulk of points will come at the end of the year. He only has 100 points to defend until US Open.

with del Potro, Masters event's entry lists are automatic top blank enters...

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Botnic at no.6 :unsure:

Maybe we should just close down the ATP tour for a bit. Just take a short break and hopefully by the time we come back normal service has been resumed and we don't have SERVEBOTS AT NO.6 IN THE WORLD!!!

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
If Ferrer plays some clay events after Wimbledon and doesn't flop too early at the US Open Series, he can gain a lot of points. His bulk of points will come at the end of the year. He only has 100 points to defend until US Open.

with del Potro, Masters event's entry lists are automatic top blank enters...
Yeah, he can add around 500 points if he manages to win Hamburg and Bastad. Also he can add points in Toronto, since he lost in R2 last year. But then he'll have to defend QF in the US Open, F in Valencia, F in Paris.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Botnic at no.6 :unsure:

Maybe we should just close down the ATP tour for a bit. Just take a short break and hopefully by the time we come back normal service has been resumed and we don't have SERVEBOTS AT NO.6 IN THE WORLD!!!
He's earned that ranking by being consistent. I could see him being top 5 by ear end at this point, passing Berdych. Of course he is lucky that Delpo is injured otherwise Delpo would likely be ahead of him, but he is taking advantage of that opportunity.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
What will the top 2 look like in terms of points if Novak wins or loses. Thx

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very good summary, for the sake of any tennis fan, please stop playing for the next 6 months so we dont have to watch u servebotting into the quartes or semis of every tournament! But hes doing a good job with his ugly and limited game hes rarely losing matches that hes supposed to win :-(

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
There's 2 and then the rest.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts