Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lefty. Well those stats are obviously not totally accurate, but let's give it a try :

Deuce court :
T - 35%
Body - 20%
Wide - 45%

Ad court :
T - 55%
Body - 10%
Wide - 35%

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try.

Deuce court:
Wide - 45%
Body - 25%
T - 30%

Ad court:
Wide - 50%
Body - 30%
T - 20%
You use the body serve quite often, that's interesting. I suppose you're right-handed as you didn't mention anything ?

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah right handed. I body serve a lot on ad side for whatever reason. Some of them are failed wide serves
I have the same problem on the deuce court (which is similar to you as I'm lefty), I sometimes hit a body serve while it's not even what I want to do. :lol:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm a right hander:

Deuce:
Wide: 35%
Body: 30%
Down the T: 35%

I actually really love the body and T serves. I've been tinkering with my body placement on the serve to see if I'm really getting max rotation out of my core.

Ad court:
Wide: 20% first serves (80% second serves)
Body: 40% all serves
Down the T: 40% first serves (20% second serves)

I'm a predictable right handed server on this court, mostly because wide serves are so risky, but it's my go actually when it's a very important point because I can get around the other side to get a little bit of the spin that a left handed server would get in the ad court. I do not advise trying it though, lol. My shoulder just happens to be flexible.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I'm lefty. Well those stats are obviously not totally accurate, but let's give it a try :

Deuce court :
T - 35%
Body - 20%
Wide - 45%

Ad court :
T - 55%
Body - 10%
Wide - 35%
Why do you serve more to righties' FH than to BH. I am lefty too and I serve much more T on deuce court and wide on ad court.

My ad wide serve is my best serve. Love it. Righties simply hate it. ;)

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why do you serve more to righties' FH than to BH. I am lefty too and I serve much more T on deuce court and wide on ad court.

My ad wide serve is my best serve. Love it. Righties simply hate it. ;)
I'm more confident with my flat serve than with my slice serve for some reason. Also, I've noticed right handers usually expect my serve to go to their BH, so they're quite surprised by my serve. The main problem is that my FS% can be low as I often go for powerful serves.

·
Bring it Home
21,140 Posts
I'm a right hander.

Deuce court :
T - 50% (20% the flat bombs with full power)
Body - 10%
Wide - 40% (around 80% slice serves)

Ad court :
T - 40% (around 80% slice serves)
Body - 20%
Wide - 40% (30% the flat with full power)

Pretty much that. I've a very powerful flat serve (around 200 kmh), but I don't used it very often, saving for the toughest situations. I love to use the slice serve on 1st serve and kick serve on 2nd serves. I don't often serve to the body, should use it more.

Serve and return are pretty much my best strokes.

PS I guess my FS is usually on the 60-65% range and I make very few DF's. Usually at an average of 2 by set played, sometimes even less. Two weekends ago I played 4 sets without making a DF. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts