Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Winter is almost here, suddenly 8C today. Will be getting colder for sure.

Soo..What kind of tea do you consume? My fave is some mixture of ginger, linden & honey. So yes, I am more herbal tea guy.

Post away yours, I may give a shot. Tea lovers rally here.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's never cold where I live, but I've been drinking Silver Needle, which is a white tea. I like the fact that it's a lot less bitter than black or green.

·
Registered
26,059 Posts
I drink liquorice tea these days. The one from Cupper tastes so good. Contains 70% liquorice root and 30% spearmint.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I only drink tea when I’m sick and I’m basically never sick so I basically never drink tea. I don’t change or make my choice of beverage based on the season.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Forgive me if this sounds pedestrian, but really good earl grey.
And mint tea done the moroccan way ...

"Tea is a drink that will keep you going" some Auntie character in Shipping News.

And Rafa back to #1 tea.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
In the morning black tea with mint leaves from my own plants or green tea. Roiboos in the evening

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Forgive me if this sounds pedestrian, but really good earl grey.
And mint tea done the moroccan way ...

"Tea is a drink that will keep you going" some Auntie character in Shipping News.

And Rafa back to #1 tea.
I seldom drink earl grey, but hear it is very good. I remember traversing thru Florence's streets in a very early hour, and getting into one cafe there, was bored of coffee at that point and got earl grey, was really good. Thanks for reminding me I should try again.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's never cold where I live, but I've been drinking Silver Needle, which is a white tea. I like the fact that it's a lot less bitter than black or green.
yep, that's the bit I don't like about black/green tea. I am not fond of that bitterness. Will check the silver needle/baihao yinzhen you mentioned, interesting one from China.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
I cant live without tea. Tea is gods gift to man.

I like marathi chai the most. A little bit of milk(not too much like the north Indians use Yuck) and black tea(assam/darjeeling) with very little sugar or no sugar.

I also like Arab tea, had it once in a Jordanian family's house, it was beautiful. I'm sure you Turks make good tea, would like to try.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I cant live without tea. Tea is gods gift to man.
Amen :rocker2:

I'm sure you Turks make good tea, would like to try.

You betcha! straight outta from Black sea region. Black (well mahogany in colour when brewed) and very strong.

But since I was raised in that culture, I got a bit bored. It is a bit bitter, too, which is why I am not a huge fan. My mom used to drink 7-8 cups a day, imagine.

Will try the tea you mentioned if I can manage, Masala chai, looks wonderful:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,508 Posts
Traditional chinese green tea, or occasionally oolong tea, the stuff they often serve at yumcha. That hits the spot, it's warm and refreshing and very good to have with meals. It also has a really nice smell to it.

I don't like to put infusions in tea and the Western black tea is ok but the light sweetness and lack of "churning" flavour gives chinese tea the clear edge for me.

It's like drinking the flow of a Chinese dragon.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Black tea:

Earl Grey. Any brand should be ok but Lipton Rich Earl Grey is a safe bet and the best bang for the buck. Always with honey (never sugar) and on occasion also with a dash of milk. I like the smokey smell and taste of Earl Grey teas, it beats any boring black tea + fruit combo.

Green tea:

Twinings Earl Grey green tea. Not a big fan of green tea in general but the one green tea that I did drink and sometimes even enjoyed was this one. Probably because it was a rare green tea iteration of Earl Grey.

Herbal teas:

Rooibos tea, either pure or with some added flavor (there are some really good ones and some really bad ones out there, tastes vary greatly), usually with honey. The smokey smell and taste of some rooibos teas remind me of Earl Grey teas but without the caffeine.

Dr. Stuart's Apple and Ginger tea. Great taste. Sweet and not sweet at the same time. No sweetener needed.

Peppermint tea. Can't go wrong with peppermint. Any brand will do, they all taste the same. No sweetener needed.

Childhood favorites that I occasionally return to:

Chamomile tea
Elderberry tea

My two cents on tea in general:

I've tried many expensive and exotic tea blends in my search for the perfect tea, some with ten or more ingredients, but I've come to realize that I enjoy simple tastes the most, consisting of just one or two ingredients. Anything above that tends to taste either artificial or just weird. Also, as with my coffee, I like my tea strong but without bitterness or any overwhelming aftertaste. With coffee, I just buy brands that are naturally low on bitterness (for instance, any instant espresso or some instant coffee brands like Idee Kaffee) but with tea it's all about preparation. I find this is best achieved by leaving the tea bag 2-3 times the recommended time in order to get the tea as strong as possible without the excess bitterness that more tea bags / a greater dosage would introduce (if needed, just reheat the finished tea in the microwave oven). A tea spoon of honey takes care of any natural bitterness in the tea.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Black tea - I will go with good old Lapsang Suchong. Cause it smells like a ski shop from my childhood - when they used to pitch good old wooden skis. These days ski shops don't smell that way.

·
Your visions will happen
46,879 Posts
Love herbal teas

Fave brands are Yogi and Traditional Medicinals

https://yogiproducts.com/teas/all-yogi-teas/

Usually something with multiple Ginsengs (American, Chinese, Russian) for my morning wake up. I have one bag of that and another bag of whatever I am feeling at the moment, what part of me feels not as tip top as the rest. My 2 bag combination for the morning

At night I have Valerian Root/Passionflower tea, knocks me out in 1 hr or less

https://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Organic-Valerian-Relaxation/dp/B007IW25FQ

1 - 20 of 44 Posts