Mens Tennis Forums banner

Your favourite serve amongst active players?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doesn't have to be your favourite player. Includes the motion, the power and spins etc. I know Federer will win this poll by a mile for obvious reasons but I think this is an interesting topic nonetheless.

For me it's between Kyrgios and Tsonga. I love Kyrgios' quick motion that makes it so hard to read. Also, the spin and power make his serve a lovely shot. Tsonga has such a natural service motion it looks effortless. When he's on a good serving day I love his flat bombs down the T on the deuce side and out wide on the ad side.

You can vote more than one option if you want.

·
11,058 Posts

Of course I'm being cliche and main stream, but it's hard not to with a serve like that :p

·
Registered
29,234 Posts
Federer's serving motion is perfect. Never get tired of watching it.
I also like Berdych's for some reason.
Also Dolgopolov's serve is entertaining because of his low balltoss and rushed motion. It's not very consistent because of that of course, but I enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Federer and Raonic

Close thread.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Federer's is just perfect. Also like: Tsonga, Gulbis, F. Lopez. Wawrinka's is also interesting, such pace from seemingly almost his arm alone.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,569 Posts
I'm going to base this on aesthetic and technical value. I like Federer's and Tsonga's best, very fluid motion to start the toss, leaning into it and motion, efficient follow through.
Raonic is a model for consistency and technique, doesn't vary or shift a bit and in part this rhythm motion explains his success with it, but bit boring. However have a nice time trying to guess where it's going. Very targeted serve when on. Finally I voted Kei not because he is a great server but how he he does not try too hard. Ball toss is not too high and it's a simple stroke. Ferrer would love a serve of his calibre.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Karlovic, Raonic, Federer, Djokovic.

·
Super Moderator
8,829 Posts
Where is Schwartzman? :confused:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,569 Posts
Berdych has a beautiful and fluid service motion

But he could do without the awkward rigid bouncing and well pretty much everything before the toss. I just feel nervous watching it. The serven itself is ok, but nothing impressive considering his height, almost got double bagelled by Djokovic in Beijing.

·
Registered
27,242 Posts
Thomas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts