Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread makes me start this thread. Do you feel more disgusted when your favorite loses or a player you hate wins? I know some of you think the answer is obvious. Personally, this is more interesting than the thread about your favorite winning or your hated losing. Discuss!

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Depends on the match.
Generally I'd say it is awful to watch my fave lose. But, if the opponent plays great and beats my fave, I don't feel disgusted at all.
Meanwhile, if the player I hate wins an easy match, I don't really care much. But if he wins ugly due to a choke from the opponent, well that is disgusting as shit.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My favourite losing

PS: You should add a poll

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
I hate the top 4, so my blood constantly boils during the first week and a half of a slam.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,601 Posts
Depends on the match.
Generally I'd say it is awful to watch my fave lose. But, if the opponent plays great and beats my fave, I don't feel disgusted at all.
Meanwhile, if the player I hate wins an easy match, I don't really care much. But if he wins ugly due to a choke from the opponent, well that is disgusting as shit.
Pretty much this. I do get quite upset to watch Kei lose more than anything else, especially when it's to Ferrer. On occasion if he loses because his opponents play better, in particularly the ones supposed to beat him, like Djokovic, I don't feel so bad, especially if he stretches it to three sets or tries to extend it, or whatever the situation is.
His loss to Tsonga at RG was tough but I knew he played really badly the first two sets, had no rhythm whatsoever on his service games, but I felt better seeing how he regrouped to win the next two and get to a 5th, even though he lost that final set.

In Slade's case, it would be both. Djokovic winning (having almost lost to Anderson) and Federer losing Wimbledon final. But he wouldn't have minded Djokovic beating Nadal at RG that's for sure.

·
Registered
22,152 Posts
Depends on the match.
This

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you feel when someone you hate is successful while someone you like is in shit?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
my fav losing to my hated

btw what happened to your oracle signature thing ?

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
My favorite losing is a bummer, but it isn't so bad if it is to another top player. When my favorite player loses to a low-ranked guy I detest, it's disgusting. like when Federer lost to arrogant nobody Stakhovsky who thought he was hot stuff. Federer or Nadal losing to Djokovic is depressing, but at least two top players are competing against one another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts