Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MTF loves to glorify slams victories and beat downs , chokes , etc at the big stage but GS are about 20 percent of the tour.

The Big 3 have had arguably higher peaks in Best of three matches and some very highly entertaining contests or entertaining beat downs.

I'll make this a little bit more difficult. By saying to list your favorite winning and losing match with your Big three member vs. Other Big 3 member.

Post YouTube highlights if possible to help remind MTF.

I'll post mine a bit later.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Favourite BO3 match that Federer won was probably 2017 Shanghai Final. Utter domination. Only the serve saved Nadal from bakery products.
Fav loss probably Paris 2018. Insane match. Insane quality. A shame that his best performance in bo3 that year was a loss

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Favourite BO3 match that Zverev won: Canada 2017 final. Favourite loss: too many to choose from, but I will go with Rome 2018 final because Zverev gave Nadal a breadstick on clay.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Oh, this is Big 3 only? Nevermind. I misread and assumed it can be any player against the Big 3.

·
Premium Member
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Federer Djokovic RG 11

Fedal Rome 06
NO GS.

Here is mine for Federer.

A great gem often forgotten about. Federer def Djokovic 2014 Dubai F. Both guys in peak form .

Many epic points and Federer magic 5:20.

Djokovic magic 11:45. Peak Usain Djokovic

Djokovic vs. Federer Paris 2018 was best lost match.

·
Premium Member
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO GS.

A great gem often forgotten about. Federer def Djokovic 2014 Dubai F. Both guys in peak form .

For Novak fans 11:45, Djokovic magic

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
off:
WTF final 2012 ofc.Still one the best BIG3 encounters ever.Some peak-classic defense by Nole
on:
loss:
win: well,Madrid 09\Montreal 2013

Reactions: Kowchi

·
Registered
22,065 Posts
NO GS.

Djokovic magic 11:45. Peak Usain Djokovic

Right sorry my bad, guess Rome 06 is out too because it’s BO5

Then I’ll go with Fedal IW 17 and Fedal Cincy 13

·
9,632 Posts
Not sure what this big 3 is...

Do you mean fit and healthy 3?

·
Premium Member
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
off:
WTF final 2012 ofc.Still one the best BIG3 encounters ever.Some peak-classic defense by Nole
on:
loss:
win: well,Madrid 09\Montreal 2013

Brilliant choices. I haven't seen the IW 2011 before , but 2011 Nadal is severely underrated . He just came up against peak Djokovic.

·
Premium Member
11,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right sorry my bad, guess Rome 06 is out too because it’s BO5

Then I’ll go with Fedal IW 17 and Fedal Cincy 13
The first break point for the first set had me believe for a second that the match up was doable.

The Neo , on the rise backhand has existed for a while...

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
perhaps favourite win is 2007 Hamburg Final Federer def. Nadal, great to see Federer have great success on clay against Nadal.

Favourite where he lost? hmmm Paris 2018 Djokovic def. Federer was a great match with both guys playing very well.

Reactions: Kowchi

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

The 2014 was a SF match. Is it the only time ever Federer beat Djokovic after losing 1st set?

Berdych very much blew the final against Federer.

But highly entertaining Federer/Djokovic matches in Dubai both 2014 and 2015.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Interesting idea.

Favourite Bo3 win for Nadal would be Montreal 2013. However Dubai 2006 is very underrated too, I think Federer only lost two matches off-clay that whole season?

Favourite loss would probably be Miami 2011 where he was again two points from the title, sigh.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Won: Fed def Djok 2014 Shanghai
Lost: Rafa def Fed 2006 Rome

Extremely high quality in both matches.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts