Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
10,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Unfortunately I’ve become a phone addict myself and I’m not really comfortable socially so I use my phone in public faces as a way to not feel awkward when I’m around people because I can’t talk endlessly and there is this awkward silence that makes me feel uncomfortable and then use my phone as a result.
I bet you could talk all day to someone via a Messenger conversation , but struggle when its face-to-face?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Smartphone addiction isn't restricted to a certain age group. I see 50, 60 year olds playing Candy Crush on buses, typing messages, watching terrible youtube videos. Some time ago I decided to count the people using a smartphone on a bus I was in - it was 12 out of 15.
Using it on a bus isn't big of a deal.
What else can you do on a bus?
Reading smartphone while walking, chatting on it while having a dinner with your family, laying on your bed and playing games on a phone while you could be outdoors having fun, that's disturbing..

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Using it on a bus isn't big of a deal.
What else can you do on a bus?
Reading smartphone while walking, chatting on it while having a dinner with your family, laying on your bed and playing games on a phone while you could be outdoors having fun, that's disturbing..
Well, you can talk to the person sitting next to you, for example. I agree though - nothing worse than having a family gathering, then someone whips out their phone to answer a call.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Gen Z is the next evolution of human kind. I was on a train ride and Gen Z was documenting the whole experience on their Instagram.
When you are busy working in your office, and your Instargram account needs some new exciting material. ))

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well to be fair each generation gets miseperceived by older generations. Baby Boomers think that millennials have it easy when that's not really the case. There's always going to be condescending views from older people.
The edgy part, time would tell. From reading this thread it seems that GenZ are less sensitive and don't take things as seriously. That could be a side effect of being a teenager or it could be a generational thing but I don't think we can conclude until the GenZ people get older. see Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1 to know more

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think its a Gen Z or whatever Gen, there are just shitty, stupid people out there and they have similar shitty traits. Every gen has stupid things that they do, my take on it is just to avoid them or tolerate them as much as I can

·
10,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
To respond to the few above, I think it's a social thing. I'm on my phone and use technology, but I can still hold a person to person conversation, understand body language and communicate feelings and emotions, without it being done through Instagram... if you get what I mean.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts