Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you have the floor. have at it.

what are your own expectations of tsonga in 2012? he seems to be making some strides.

can he get into a final of another slam?

does anybody see him winning a slam on this planet?

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
I can see him in a slam final. He needs to become even more consistent,which is obvious. I also think he will win at least one Masters event. Able to play very good grass court tennis so I wouldn't be surprised with very good Wimbledon and olympics results.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Slam surfaces are on the whole too slow for Tsonga and his style of play. Who knows what would have happened if he had been more concrete against Djokovic in the Wimbledon semi this year? Most likely Jo would have succumbed to Nadull on the green clay but maybe that was Tsonga's last great chance :shrug:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
let us expect the unexpected dee. maybe he can surprise us with a finals appearance at Oz or wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Interesting crossed interview between Tsonga and Monfils in french newspaper "L'Equipe" today.

Tsonga stated that 2012 will be a key season in his career. He wants to give all he has next year, because he and his game arrived to maturity, and he will think about his future at the end of 2012.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
He will lose to Murray in the Wimbledon finals.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Tsonga's peak was between Queens and US Open, now he's back to clown mode and will continue performing like this till he calls it a career.
I'm convinced Jo won't win any slams or masters, he may collect some mm events though.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think tsonga has a surprise in store for us in 2012.

i just have this feeling that he is making at least 1 slam final.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts