Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

his 2011 season might already be over so why not discuss 2012?

Outside top 30 or with the big guns in top 4?:shrug:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
I keep forgetting about him, to be honest. I think he will have a rough start of the year though.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
My predictions,

start early quarter season with early round losses at Aussie Open and other events but then pick things up at the French.
Will pick up 2-3 titles.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Stockholm and Bastad.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
A masters 1000 title and qualifying for WTF.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
It's hard to see how he can better his last two years. Slam final, won a masters, peaked at 4 in rankings. I think he's probably maximised what he has.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Unless he is back in shape for Valencia/Paris this year he will probably start 2012 ranked around 12-13th which means an interesting seeding for AO and possibly the first masters too. That will spice things up as Soderling got potential to spoil the party for whichever top4 he gets early in the first big tournaments

Hopefully the fatigue from the mono is completely gone come Indian Wells/Miami and then he'll start to do some damage again. Clay season going to be interesting if he can avoid the injury issues of this year and the RG/Wimbledon combo I expect him to do better than this year as he was battling with both the foot and the sickness and still did fairly well in 2011.

Following Båstad (late July) he won't defend anything so that alone will be motivating. That is when his real climb in the rankings gonna start and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends the season #5-7 somewhere Probably gonna grab 3-5 titles during the season

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
He will have a slow start before crushing Nadal in the 4th round of the French Open again.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
He will have a slow start before crushing Nadal in the 4th round of the French Open again.
:rolleyes:

You better hope Mugray avoids him in any tournament from now on.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
If he can end the year 10 with half a season played that would be pretty big of him. I expect nothing in 2012 just better draws and a healthy Soda hopefully. The tour is a joke without him and Delpo fit and in form. Ferrer and Fish at 5 and 6 with rest of the mugs close behind. Reminds me of the Robredo, Blake etc era.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
:rolleyes:

You better hope Mugray avoids him in any tournament from now on.
Now don't be angry at Murray for not protecting Nadal from Djokovic. I'm sure he'll decide to be merciful soon enough, and put Nadal out of his misery before losing 6 straight more times to Nole.:wavey:

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Tell me how? He's made a Slam Final twice, won a MS event, been up to No.4 in the world and even despite his injuries has 4 titles this year!
Yeah, I'm not a big Soda-head but I don't see what's so crazy about your prediction- It's not like he hasn't upset Nadal or Federer before in a slam.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Tell me how? He's made a Slam Final twice, won a MS event, been up to No.4 in the world and even despite his injuries has 4 titles this year!
Well let's start with the MS prediction it took him 8-9 years to win his one and only in 2010, I thought you said realistic.. not saying he won't.. but realistic ? mono can have a debiltating effect for a top athlete for years and I do class Robin as such, good to watch too.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I expect a few titles, a long run in one of the Grand SLams (depends on whenever he starts feeling better and gets back to the top of his game), a MS title and a strong top 10 ranking, maybe #5 or 6 at best

1 - 20 of 77 Posts