Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there is a thread for this however theirs a tumbleweed passing through it right about now. Just wondering what is your nations team to your satisfaction, You can pick on Rankings, Form or anything else.

My Teams:

Australia: Lleyton Hewitt, Nicholas Kygrios, Chris Guccione, Marinko Matosevic, Bernard Tomic (one to drop off)
Sweden: Elias Ymer, Joachim Johansson, Robert Linstead, Johan Brunstrom, Markus Eriksson (one to drop off)

Obviously JJ only plays the occasional tournament these days however apart from Linsteadt and Brunstrom who are doubles he is the only experience the Swedes have in the singles competition his recent form well last year he did okay considering he hardly plays competitively defeated Haider-Maurer R1 and lost to Raonic who isn't a bad guy to fall too.

Ymer is only 18 and is the best ranking for us at present although at 18 it's a lot of pressure that hopefully Joachim can be a good influence there, The Doubles guys are complete no-brainers obviously and Erikkson is ranked around 300 in both singles and doubles so he was the reserve i've got.

For Australia the first two don't need to be introducted and Matosevic is in good form and offers a lot of grunt and could be a good influence around the side because of his competitiveness as a whole and confidence wise he will keep on going up. Chose Gucc over Groth because of his current partnership with Hewitt in the Doubles winning Newport today (or yesterday), Tomic rounds out the list as the reserve just for versatile reason again picked over Groth, I don't think it would be that ideal to have two serve-bots in the team if a player withdraws except if Guccione is injured Groth would replace him.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
U.S. - Isner, Bryans, Sock (I guess?)

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Nalbandian + 3. Still the superior choice.

if I have to accept reality, then:
(without Delpo) Delbonis-Berlocq-Mayer-Zeballos.
(with Delpo, on clay) Delpo-Delbonis-Berlocq-Zeballos
(with Delpo, on other surface) Delpo-two from Mayer/Berlocq/Delbonis, picked on form-Zeballos.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Mayer-Berlocq-Zeballos-Delbonis

Mugbonis mental strenght is even inferior to Mayer`s

With Del Potro is a very different story, but he does not have the best relationship with the AAT

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Belgium:

Goffin, Coppejans, Bemelmans, Rochus
Play on grass.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Haiti: Olivier Sajous, Johnny Groove, 2 random mugs found on the street

·
Registered
165 Posts
Great Britain Andy Murray,James Ward, Aljaz Bedene Dom Inglot
USA John Isner, Donald Young, Steve Johnson, Jack Sock
France Richard Gasquet Gael Monfils Julian Benneteau, Jo Wilfried Tsonga

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Great Britain Andy Murray,James Ward, Aljaz Bedene Dom Inglot
USA John Isner, Donald Young, Steve Johnson, Jack Sock
France Richard Gasquet Gael Monfils Julian Benneteau, Jo Wilfried Tsonga
You wouldn't take the Bryan brothers? :speakles:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Americans have to focus on youth now Bryans aren't getting any older and with no 2nd singles player taking 3 for one tie may help them find the best player out of the three younger Americans
Davis Cup isn't really about developing youngsters, it's about putting your best team forward.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Youzhny Tursunov Kuznetsov Elgin

·
Your visions will happen
47,119 Posts
Isner/Bryan/Bryan

The US 2nd singles player is tough.

Querrey/Johnson/Young/Sock/Klahn. All ranked 62-77. Some might say a buncha mugs, ok, maybe. Sock is the form player at this moment, I think Courier just has to take Isner, Bryans, and whoever the form player is from those 5.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Germany: Doesn't matter. Just play every home match on grass.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
(picked for the major tennis nations, assuming general best teams)

USA: Isner, Johnson, Bryan Brothers (alternate Jack Sock)
France: Gasquet, Monfils, Tsonga, Benny (alternate ERV)
Switzerland: Fed, Stan, Laaksonen, Ehrat
Russia: Youzhny, Tursunov, Gabashvili, Kuznetsov (alternate Khachanov)
Germany: Kohli, Struff, Brown, Brands (alternates Emmrich, Marx, Reister, and Zverev)
Italy: Fognini, Seppi, Bolelli, Quinzi
Czech Republic: Berdych, Stepanek, Rosol, Vesely (alternate Hernych)
Canada: Raonic, Pospisil, Nestor, Peliwo (alternates Dancevic and Polansky)
Australia: Hewitt, Kyrgios, Jordan Thompson, Kokkinakis (alternates Matosevic, Saville and Groth
Britain: Murray, Evans, Edmund, Fleming (alternates Inglot, Jamie Murray and Marray)
Argentina: Del Po (when healthy), Berlocq, Delbonis, Mayer (alternates Arguello and Bagnis)
Austria: Thiem, Melzer brothers, Peya (alternates Knowle and Oswald)
Belgium: Goffin, Coppejans, Darcis, Bemelmans (alternate Authom)
Croatia: Cilic, Karlovic, Coric, Dodig (alternate Delic)
Japan: Nishikori, Daniel, Nishioka, Soeda (alternate Ito)
Netherlands: Sijsling, De Bakker, Huta Galung, Rojer (alternate Haase)
Poland: Janowicz, Kubot, Matkowski, Fyrstenberg (alternate Przysiezny)
Serbia: Djokovic, Zimonjic, Lajovic, Troicki (alternate Krajinovic)
Spain: Nadal, Ferrer, RBA, Feli Lopez (alternates Verdasco and Marc Lopez)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts