Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which of these is most likely to pose a threat to Federer in the near future?

• Gael Monfils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Gasquet

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Rafael Nadal

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Thomas Berdych

Votes: 10 9.7%
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

· Registered
4,153 Posts
That original post is great from former clown of mtf. So many fedtards thought that back then. Trying someway to figure out why superhuman federer, who was mowing down old men and roddick was losing to some teenage clay courter, which at that time is all he was.

He will "figure him out."

· Registered
16,550 Posts
3). Nadal
Nadal is Roger's NEW Nalbandian, i don't see this kid as much trouble ... honestly. Roger played terrible tennis and nearly had him in a 5th set, until being forced to play in the dark ... which was unfair to him ... all excuses aside ... Nadal won "fair and square" , but the gap between Nadal & Fedex is small ... if there is one ... it's to Federer's advantage ... I don't see why many believe Nadal to be so much trouble for Roger ... they've played 1 time when he had heat stroke, another time on an extremely slow surface in Miami and in Paris, where Federer nearly took it to a 5th set even with 60 UFE ... if he cleans up his play and improvises his strategy on clay a tad bit ... possibly improve net play also ... why could he not dominate Nadal ? I just don't see it, I'm sorry. I know everyone wants to create a rival for Roger, but Nadal isn't the one ... he's a young Carlos Moya ... I'd still go with Roger ... ON ANY SURFACE against Nadal.

All of his Top Spin is a tad difficult for Roger to adjust to, but we know our Swiss friend loves a challenge and it's only a short period of time before he begins to dominate their "rivalry"
:haha:

At just about everything here

121 - 127 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.