Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which of these is most likely to pose a threat to Federer in the near future?

• Gael Monfils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Gasquet

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Rafael Nadal

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Thomas Berdych

Votes: 10 9.7%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· #freeviktor
93,830 Posts
They will all challenge him. As well as Djokovic who you have a clear distaste for and therefore did not include in the poll.

· #freeviktor
93,830 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Well, for sure. I fully expect that.

However, Nadal is all hype as of right now ... he's only proven himself on Clay, but let's not make this thread about Nadal. He's not a complete and all-around player, his game is defense on clay.

Gasquet, Monfils, Berdych bring forth versatility. Once Roger figures Nadal out, what other options does he really have ? None, offense can adjust, defense can't.

A lot of players who have only proven themselves on clay would love a hard court TMS shield and another hard court TMS final. :retard:

If you don't want this thread to be all about Nadal, you should not have provided such an obvious answer to your question.

· #freeviktor
93,830 Posts
Chloe said:
Also, what about Murray? I mean, it's a touch silly to discuss "young players" and leave him and Djokovic out. Even the always nice "other" option would have done.

The poll itself blows. So don't whine that this thread becomes about Rafa, when you asked for :devil:

You also know this person must be a great fan of Berdych's to not spell his first name correctly.

· #freeviktor
93,830 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Murray is a modernized version of Tim Henman, not very strong, plays the percentages & safe tennis. He might be affective if we were still using wooden tennis racquets and ancient equipment. Possibly could have been a factor in the days of Bill Tilden. I mentioned the players that have the physical & mental attributes, as well as games that could trouble Federer. The ability to adjust and adapt. Murray's serve is a tad spotty, his groundies lack pace and the old trick of using your oppositions pace against them is counterproductive against Fedex. He gives you really none. :)

If I were to mention Murray, that would be as questionable as mentioning Donald Young. It's just a tad silly to me, sounds like rubbish. :)

Erm, has Young won an ATP match yet?

I do believe Murray has.

I do not see how the two are equatable.

· #freeviktor
93,830 Posts
Chloe said:
So unimpressed by his game were you that you actually took away games that he won in protest :eek:

Please, write another post on how Murray is a modern day Tim Henman.

They are both British!!! You need more substantial information than that?! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.