Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which of these is most likely to pose a threat to Federer in the near future?

• Gael Monfils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Gasquet

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Rafael Nadal

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Thomas Berdych

Votes: 10 9.7%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,979 Posts
Well- I guess I am Rafatard for saying that one thing that people seem to forget is that Nadal was not playing his best clay court tennis by any means when he played Roger. Yeah- Roger was not playing well, but Nadal was not playing 100% .

I actually think that Rafa's best clay court tennis was during the early rounds of Rome. Uncle Toni even said that Nadal didn't really play as well during the FO as he did during earlier in the clay season.

To answer the question, I think all could challange Roger on different surfaces.

They will all challenge him. As well as Djokovic who you have a clear distaste for and therefore did not include in the poll.
Oh yes...Wheezy could be a challange, although I think he will need to improve his lung capacity. Boy needs to start running more often in his training to help with his respiratory problems since they seem to be an ongoing issue.

· Registered
4,979 Posts
Also, what about Murray?
Oh yes, Sir Pukes-a-lot.

I think he could really be a tough little guy in a couple of years. Still someone who needs to get better fitness, but he does have a really scrappy attitude and that could bode well for him. Have liked what I have seen of him on faster surfaces, but have yet to see him on Rebound Ace or clay. Is anyone familiar with how he plays on slower surfaces?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.