Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which of these is most likely to pose a threat to Federer in the near future?

• Gael Monfils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Gasquet

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Rafael Nadal

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Thomas Berdych

Votes: 10 9.7%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Rafa's just lucky that Roger is coincidentally always sick, injured, or cheated when they play. Lighting does strike three times, and don't you ever let anybody tell you otherwise.

Soon, Gasquet will win every match he plays 6-0 6-0, including those over Roger and Rafa.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
vincayou said:
Interesting point of view. But it won't prevent you to be eaten alive by rafatards on this board. :lol:
Somebody needs to balance out the Gasquettard who created the thread, yo.

Okay, maybe it was a Monfilstard.

Maybe just a general Frenchtard?

Either way.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Clara Bow said:
Well- I guess I am Rafatard for saying that one thing that people seem to forget is that Nadal was not playing his best clay court tennis by any means when he played Roger. Yeah- Roger was not playing well, but Nadal was not playing 100% .
Untrue! Rafa was playing his best tennis ever, and Roger was hardly scraping by at 5% of his abilities. Furthermore, Rafa has light rays that shine from his eyes, so he didn't have to deal with the darker conditions like Roger did.

It's been a while ;)

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Also, what about Murray? I mean, it's a touch silly to discuss "young players" and leave him and Djokovic out. Even the always nice "other" option would have done.

The poll itself blows. So don't whine that this thread becomes about Rafa, when you asked for :devil:

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Djokovic's game, eh, I don't think can cause many problems. Also, Safin beat him 0-1-0 at the Aussie Open, don't hold your breath against Roger ....
Actually, no. He didn't. That score did not occur.

Berdych lost to Agassi 6-0 6-2 6-4 in Australia 2004, so I guess it's safe to say he won't have caused Roger any problems after that point.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Murray is a modernized version of Tim Henman, not very strong, plays the percentages & safe tennis. He might be affective if we were still using wooden tennis racquets and ancient equipment.
Um.

If I were to mention Murray, that would be as questionable as mentioning Donald Young. It's just a tad silly to me, sounds like rubbish. :)
I can't believe that I'm dignifying this one with more of an "um"... but Murray is going to be top 100 very very soon. Donald Young is still a junior.

:retard:

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Clara Bow said:
Oh yes, Sir Pukes-a-lot.

I think he could really be a tough little guy in a couple of years. Still someone who needs to get better fitness, but he does have a really scrappy attitude and that could bode well for him. Have liked what I have seen of him on faster surfaces, but have yet to see him on Rebound Ace or clay. Is anyone familiar with how he plays on slower surfaces?
I was under the impression that he called clay his favourite surface, but I suppose that could have been a misquote. Or perhaps he said that just before passing the bong. Or maybe he's actually quite good on it and just wasn't posting the results before because he didn't have the same confidence that he had post wimbledon. Something to look forward to finding out :)

· Registered
27,997 Posts
I don't care much for Djokovic, but that had little to do with me not including him. More so, the fact that I was not impressed by his game.
So unimpressed by his game were you that you actually took away games that he won in protest :eek:

Please, write another post on how Murray is a modern day Tim Henman.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
vincayou said:
I think he has an opinion which doesn't deserve :retard:
He thinks that the inclusion of Murray would necessitate the inclusion of Donald Young!

He called Murray a "modernized Tim Henman"!

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

I don't agree with everything, but some of the reaction here make me laugh as much. I mean, he would have stated that Rafa would be eliminated in the first week of USO, he would have received the same kind of treatment. Right? ;)
Dude, who is even talking about Rafa anymore?

HE THINKS MURRAY IS A MODERNIZED TIM HENMAN.

I can't handle it!

· Registered
27,997 Posts
vincayou said:
OK, I agree, THAT was a bit silly to compare Henman to Murray. :)
Not that I was taking him seriously beforehand, but any chance of me ever taking this poster seriously in the future has been seriously threatened by that err!

But it did make for a snappy signature comment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.