Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People have spoken for a while of the dark ages that will come, the dawn of the weak era a generation that might be the all time weakest following one many consider the all time strongest.

At the moment Novac and Andy seems miles ahead of the rest of the tour among players we visualise with plenty of career left. We have no idea how long Roger can go on for and he's already managing his schedule. It's a genuine case to make that Rafa's body might have had one injury to many to cope with his physical style of play. Djokovic and Murray are 27 and will turn 28 soon. They seem miles ahead of the young guns for how they manage their bodies, keep fit and maintain their mental strength. Sure Novac is a step ahead of Andy, but Andy is more than capable of taking him on when he isn't GOATING and Andy, when in the mood, is above the rest by some way. When they were early 20's they seems like they were a level above what the current under-25 group are. I can see that as they are technically entering their physical primes they can last at the very top until their early-mid 30's.

Based on all of that and the fact it doesn'tseem to change anytime soon it could be the next 5 or 6 years is all about Andy and Novac dominating the tour, winning the big titles and random others vultering the odd one. I'd love to hear your opinions and debate on this.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Don't flatter Murray. There is no top 4, nor will be top 2 in the future. Djokovic might dominate for some time, but Andy will be closer to Nishikori and Raonic than to Djokovic.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The top 2 places will probably remain occupied until 2020. They may become vacant afterwards due to lack of eligible players.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't flatter Murray. There is no top 4, nor will be top 2 in the future. Djokovic might dominate for some time, but Andy will be closer to Nishikori and Raonic than to Djokovic.
Murray has 9 Masters won at the height of the Top 4 era, Olympic Gold and two Slams. His smas and gold were won by beating players from the Top 4. Kei Nishikori has one masters final and one slam final, Raonic has two Masters semi-finals and one GS semi. No doubting Djokovic is ahead, as I stated in my opening post but he isn't going to do a calander year grand slam every year for 5 years along with 9 Masters each year.

But so far all the 2015 Masters and Slam finals have only been contested between 2 players, Novac Djokovic and Andy Murray. Lets not pretend the rest of the tour bar a fresh Roger Federer is playing close to the level of either of these two consistently at the moment.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Murray has 9 Masters won at the height of the Top 4 era, Olympic Gold and two Slams. His smas and gold were won by beating players from the Top 4. Kei Nishikori has one masters final and one slam final, Raonic has two Masters semi-finals and one GS semi. No doubting Djokovic is ahead, as I stated in my opening post but he isn't going to do a calander year grand slam every year for 5 years along with 9 Masters each year.

But so far all the 2015 Masters and Slam finals have only been contested between 2 players, Novac Djokovic and Andy Murray. Lets not pretend the rest of the tour bar a fresh Roger Federer is playing close to the level of either of these two consistently at the moment.
Murray's achievements are just a history. He's no competition for Big Three, anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,610 Posts
Murray is nowhere near the level of Djokovic and Federer atm. He will get destroyed again by Djokovic tomorrow. The bottom line is that Novak is miles ahead of everyone atm. The only player who can consistently challenge him and occasionally beat him these days is Federer. Lol at Murray being ahead of Federer. :superlol:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I think you're counting out Nadal too soon. Murray took over a year after Wimbledon 2013 to get back to something approaching consistently good form; Nadal likely will do the same over the next six months.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
We are heading for the Djokovic domination era up until 2020. There is no Fedal, no top 2, no young guns. It will be Djokovic only.

The haters better prepare themselves for this, since winter is coming.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
We are heading for the Djokovic domination era up until 2020. There is no Fedal, no top 2, no young guns. It will be Djokovic only.

Unfortunately I see this happening. His level of fitness in tennis is off the charts. He's up in Bruce Lee territory.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Murray's achievements are just a history. He's no competition for Big Three, anymore.
He beat Nadal last time they played and he's above Federer on points this season so far. He's still one of two players to has contested all 3 big finals this year.

Of cousre that isn't the point, Federer won't be around until 2020 and it's unlikely Nadal will be fit for most of it. So that leaves Djokovic and Murray as the regular contenders and yes I've stated Djokovic is ahead of Murray at the moment.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

So you are saying Djokovic will do 5 calander year slams with every Master? Let's be sensible even the most dominate players can be beaten and can't maintain their 100% intensity and focus very tournament.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Murray is nowhere near the level of Djokovic and Federer atm. He will get destroyed again by Djokovic tomorrow. The bottom line is that Novak is miles ahead of everyone atm. The only player who can consistently challenge him and occasionally beat him these days is Federer. Lol at Murray being ahead of Federer. :superlol:
Hate to break it too you you but Federer isn't anything special anymore. Certainly not way ahead of Murray. Federer just lost to Seppi at a slam. Seppi! FFS :haha:

·
Premium Member
8,610 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts

Correction. We are not heading for the Djokovic domination era... we are in the middle of the Djokovic domination era, here are the numbers to prove it:

http://tafsatpforum.lefora.com/sreply/1523/Novak-Djokovic

Novak put and end to the Fedal Era and started the Djokovic Era, which is already longer than the Fedal Era and has no end in sight.

Winter has already come, but the official narrative tried to change reality by ignoring it: it never works. So now people are waking up to a fact that has been glaringly obvious for quite a while. :)

·
Registered
20,889 Posts
Hate to break it too you you but Federer isn't anything special anymore. Certainly not way ahead of Murray. Federer just lost to Seppi at a slam. Seppi! FFS :haha:
Typical excuse from Fedtards: he injured himself in the previous match. Then again, Djokovic also injured himself a little bit in the final, and was able to overcome it.
27 vs. 33 year old body :rolleyes:

·
Registered
353 Posts

I smell a troll, out to deliberately rile up hate for Djokovic.

Reactions: Alex999

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Eldan - don't visit here often but saw your username and googled it and it's you. But are you aware how easy it is to find out about you online. Crikey. Any way hope you're well and all the best. BnM.

·
Premium Member
8,610 Posts
So what if he lost to Seppi? These kind of upsets happen as you get older. It was nothing but a minor blip. His performances in Dubai and Indian Wells show that. Wake me up when Murray beats Djokovic.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts