Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello MTF :)

There's a kid in a town near me, the town of Fillmore, and he has Burkitts lymphoma. He's 5 years old, and he has a goal: to get into the Guiness Book of World Records. He wants to get in for receiving more paper airplanes from all over the world than anyone else. And I figured, why not ask a site with viewers from all over the world to help? Here's an e-mail that someone from our town, who does charity work and went to visit him, is sending around:

Hunter Winship is a 5 year old boy from Fillmore, New York. He is in Kindergarten. Hunter's wish is to make it into the Guiness Book of Records for recieving the most paper airplanes. JT and I had the pleasure of meeting Hunter on Feb. 2nd and after talking with him I felt I had to help spread the word. He is a very courageous young man. Hunter was diagnosed with rare form of cancer called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year between the ages of 2-11. Burkitts is one of the fastest growing tumors. Hunter went to Women and Children's Hospital in Buffalo on Jan. 25th with the tumor being the size of a tennis ball. By the following Monday the tumor had grown to the size of a cantalope. Hunter was started on chemo and the treatment shut down his kidneys and then his liver started failing. Then on Monday he told his mom that he could not see very well and then he quit breathing. Hunter has had tubes placed down his throat, nose and tubes in his arms and
toes. He has swelling in the brain due to high blood pressure. When Hunter went into the hospital he weighed 40 pounds and as of writing this email he weighs about 70 poounds due to the fluid build up. Hunter is in intensive care and is stable. All Hunter needs from you is a paper airplane. All you need to do is to make a paper airplane and put the state where you are from on it or the country you are from on the wing. Then send it to.....

Hunter Winship
The Airplane Cancer Goal
11227 North Hill Road
Freedom, NY 14065
United States of America

Please help this little boy reach his dream of being in the Guiness Book of World Records. He is a terrific little guy and I told him I lots of friends that I would email and ask for help. His mom was very appreciative. It took all I had to keep from crying but his mom reassured me Hunter looks forward to going home and seeing all those airplanes from all over the world. Please help us help Hunter! God Bless....

I don't traditionally pass things like this on, about people and their sickness, to people I don't know... But I thought that MTF would be a great place to recruit people to help!

All I'm asking you guys to do is to send him a paper airplane with your name and country on it! You don't have to include anything else if you don't want to, just that will make him very happy! There're people from all over on this site, and if everyone took a few minutes to do this it'd be great!

And, if not, it's completely understandable, thanks for at least taking time to read about it!

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Reactions: I<3Lindsay

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Reminds me of a certain Japanese girl, dying of leukemia?...anyway...she wanted a million cranes. I wouldn't give. Maybe I will this time.

Hunter seems to still be alive, miraculously. I put this in my watched threads, bin, and then forgot about it.

Feel embarrassed to have let it go.

vv--Here's a youtube vid, two months old--vv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSGve3PXiOQ
^^--^^--most recent with the keywords: "Hunter Winship"--^^--^^
(Two months back...)

vv--vv--One month old news piece--vv--vv
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=57982 ...so Hunter may still be hanging in there...

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Good update Richard from Cal, I never saw this thread before but read it now.

That is sad story.

Amazing this little boy is fighting so hard and can't win against this bitch cancer if I understand right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts