Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
both advanced again at the Calabasas Challenger again - Isner over Bobby Reynolds and Young over recent Illinois grad Kevin Anderson. Young has Bozoljac next, Isner has #1 seed Robert Kendrick.

Both are probably underdogs. Isner I think will pull it out, Young probably not.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Let's go boys. :worship:

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Great to see this two kid play each other

They are the future of American tennis

Reactions: angela

·
Registered
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I would love to see Young win this. His game is the most entertaining to me of the fellows left.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
The American challenger tour! Where titans are born! :worship:
I assume you are being sarcastic, but where else do young players learn their trade? From where else will the next generation emerge?

Many people on here are too inclined to dismiss anything but top level tennis as not worth a ha'penny. Without the grass roots the top level would die.

If these two did get to the final, I would guess that at present Isner would be too strong for Young, but from the little I have seen of either player, I think in future years Young will prove the better player on all surfaces.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Interesting that if Donald Young won this challenger and another one in the weeks to come he could possibly crack the Top 100.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I assume you are being sarcastic, but where else do young players learn their trade? From where else will the next generation emerge?

Many people on here are too inclined to dismiss anything but top level tennis as not worth a ha'penny. Without the grass roots the top level would die.

If these two did get to the final, I would guess that at present Isner would be too strong for Young, but from the little I have seen of either player, I think in future years Young will prove the better player on all surfaces.
I think it's the exact opposite. Young is reaching his peak right now whereas Isner has a lot of room for improvement and in the longterm will prove to be a far more successful player.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it's the exact opposite. Young is reaching his peak right now whereas Isner has a lot of room for improvement and in the longterm will prove to be a far more successful player.

no, decrepitude was correct.

Except that Young won't be better than Isner on grass. Other than that he was right on.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Interesting that if Donald Young won this challenger and another one in the weeks to come he could possibly crack the Top 100.
That's the plan, direct entry into the AO. If he can get there in the next few weeks, then he won't play all of the American swing.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
That's nice..
If they will reach the final, I think Isner will win it..

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Well so much for the Young-Isner matchup. Kendrick d. Isner 4-6, 6-3, 7-6(3)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Young d. Bozoljac 6-3, 6-4. :worship:
2nd challenger final in his last 3 tourneys, he will play Kendrick tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
:spit: :haha:

Isner has a great serve, Young has a great game. If Isner has a better career than Young, I will be totally shocked.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Young is not even close to reaching his peak at 17, what nonsense. Players typically start to hit their peak at 21-22.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts