Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,218 Posts
A sweet, humble, no-nonsense player with a smart and attractive game beat the obnoxious American, so it was a very good day for humanity

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
A sweet, humble, no-nonsense player with a smart and attractive game beat the obnoxious American, so it was a very good day for humanity
I don't know if the woman who won has any of those characteristics, but I was quite glad to see that goblin lose. She is ridiculously obnoxious, indeed!

·
Rankings Master
16,063 Posts
Quality wasn't special, but Iga won the title without dropping any set or even going to a tiebreak. In fact, she didn't lose more than 5 games in any match. That was the most dominating Grand Slam title run in a long time, and she did it all as a teenager.

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
We have a WTA thread: Mens Tennis Forums

Mods, please move this.

OP, pls next time post there.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I caught some of it. Was glad to see Iga win. I actually have no information at all about Kenin - so I had nothing against her, but Iga being 19 and quite likeable got me on her side.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Honestly, Malvin is almost the reason I keep coming back. Without him it's just big3 trolling. Not even Gulbis is challenging Nadal anymore.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
People still watch women's tennis? I didn't even bother to check who was in the final. LOL. I stopped watching religiously back in the 2000s. Its like the WNBA to me. I don't know how the hell its still around and how anyone can watch much of it

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
We have a WTA thread: Mens Tennis Forums

Mods, please move this.

OP, pls next time post there.
can you stop backseat modding all the time. First of all it’s an Internet forum so who cares if it’s technically not in the right place and secondly there’s a reason that you aren’t and never will be a mod

Reactions: steni

·
Registered
385 Posts
Even though my compatriot won it and it is certainly the first slam title won by either male or female Polish player after the Second World War, I just didn't feel like watching it. I mean in comparison to men's final it just couldn't excite me. I'm not a dogmatic hater of the WTA but I watch it only when for some weird reason I have such a whim. It happens rarely though.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even though my compatriot won it and it is certainly the first slam title won by either male or female Polish player after the Second World War, I just didn't feel like watching it. I mean in comparison to men's final it just couldn't excite me. I'm not a dogmatic hater of the WTA but I watch it only when for some weird reason I have such a whim. It happens rarely though.
Congratulates from Russia! It's first GS for polish player! WOW!

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
It's not about Women Tennis! It's about question: "MTF follow RG in women's part or no?"!

And intersting parallele: newcomers winning GS (past - Thiem, now - Svontek!)
I happened to watch the match from 3-0 1st set.
At that time even Swiatek was nervous, hitting errors and made strange decisions, but she overcame adversity and won.
At the trophy ceremony she cried emotionally... and couldn't even speak what she was supposed to. Quite strange, didn't her coach/father prepare herself for such a case she won?
Anyway, she is cute and probably we will see her a lot in coming years...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts