Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen djokovic is winning the match on sunday. He has beaten fed in all the big finals wtf x2, indian wells x 2, rome, wimbledon... federe's form was always good going into those finals and he still always lost... djoker has a 2nd serve and won't fold like murray did..and federer cannot read djokers improved serving or hes just lost some reaction time.

The problem with getting older is you can't repeat these kind of performances... too bad murray wasn't on other side of draw as i feel he could have beaten djoker and fed would have a chance to win it... but now federer won't be able to replicate it and djoker has this easily... just be happy fed people and HOPE we have a good match on sunday... the outcome is djoker in 3 sets... djoker is better than murray on feds serve at least... so please dont get irrational and get ur hopes up... djoker is winning and thats the end of the discussion everything else is blowing up one performance way out of proportion. I said the same thing last year when everyone was on fed's balls... djoker proved last year on grass that he's got fed's number even on grass as that match should have been over in 3 and max 4 sets.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if jinxing or common sense.

Nothing to argue with what i said.. its all fact.. djoker winning all the big finals and taking wimbledon last year in what shud have been 4 sets and had a set point in set 1 so it could have been over in 3 sets.. also even with roof djoker had a longer streak of indoor match wins then fed i think... fed has too much issue breaking djoker and not only because of his improved serving 1st and 2nd but also because he backs it up so well... the roof may help djoker more as its suppose to be windy.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Too much logic for MTF.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Maybe. But, the fact is their match at Wimbledon last yr. was very close. And Djoker has not looked dominant, being taken to 5 by Anderson and played fairly close by Gasquet. Sure, Djoker is the favorite but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Fed will simply fall apart and lose in straight sets.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I don't know... maybe you're right......................................................................................... maybe not... I don't know.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm basing it on the whole grass court season in 2015 and the fact Federer went 5 last year with a much lower level.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
I think Fed showed a good game today, especially 2nd and 3rd, but basically it was his rock hard serve that made the difference. If Kanderson or Karlovic served like that for 3 sets, you could have had the same result in the end, even with Djokovic at the other end. It's just a servebot heavy game. But not to diminish Federer's game today, awesome movement and volleying. Still don't think he has the consistent ground game. But surely, serveboting like this can get him 5 sets against Djokovic, or even a 3 set win. Just watch Dubai this year and all the serveboting he did on Djokovic's endless BP. Let's hope he can't sustain that for 3-5 sets.

Djokovic needs to prepare his gameplan as if he's playing any other big server on tour. It will be all serve/volley. Good thing he had a lot of practice time with Kanderson on grass.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Okay man. You're doing great job.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
He may not repeat that serving performance, but if he does, no one in the world is breaking his serve more than once in those three sets. And I'm not even sure Djokovic is the better returner on grass.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Except that Federer was peaking the whole tournament. Djokovic condition is uncertain, his level of play is average at best. I dont see average injured Djokovic beating peak Federer. I hope I'm wrong but that is rarely the case.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
He may not repeat that serving performance, but if he does, no one in the world is breaking his serve more than once in those three sets. And I'm not even sure Djokovic is the better returner on grass.
Federer only broke Djokovic once out of the five sets last year (3 times in the 4th set where Chokovic appeared, no breaks in the other 4 sets). Could be at least 2 tiebreakers again this year.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Fed served at 76% first-serves-in against Murray. This is significantly higher than he usually does.

Unlikely he will serve that well in the final.

Djokovic is just better than Murray, and will win in 3.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
What? Fed serve the same last year if not better. He was broken once going into the finals and serve 20+ aces and high serve percentage still Novak broke him multiple times.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts