Do you want the player you support to…

• be the GOAT/BOAT

• be injury-free and play as long as possible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Injury really tells you how stupid and pointless the GOAT debate is. All you want is that he will come back and enjoy playing on a tennis court again. Titles and records don't even matter if he could just play. They only matter if it means he is playing well and hard work is rewarded.

What does it mean for you that the player you support is the GOAT - nationalistic sentiment? Sharing the glory? I'm not talking about arguing with the trolls, or winning the internet battle, because I understand the urge to reason with someone - But for those who truly want the player you support to be the Greatest Ever, what are you in it for?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Not only does nobody play like Federer: nobody will ever play like Federer again.

When he retires, it'll be like the extinction of a species of one.

His detractors won't realise this until he's gone.

That's why all talk of him harming his legacy is so much idiocy.

·
Your visions will happen
48,893 Posts
Fanboys and fangirls often gloryhunt and try to share the success of their faves as if it is their own and thinks it makes them better than fans of other players. Living vicariously through someone else. Which I always thought was weak as fuck, you should live vicariously through your own self but whatever.

When said player loses or gets old, the fan takes it not as a loss of the player, but a loss for themselves. That's why you see so many melt downs around here every big event.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Third option: Fun Coupons.

·
justice for all
15,840 Posts
Definitely the 2nd option - without any hesitation.
I just love watching the players I support not for what they win but for how they play tennis.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
My take on this:
Not only does nobody play like Djokovic: nobody will ever play like Djokovic again.
When he retires, it'll be like the extinction of a species of one.
His detractors won't realize this until he's gone.
That's why all the talk of him wanting to be loved is so much idiocy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts