Mens Tennis Forums banner

You believe Roger Federer still can win Grand Slam?

• Yes

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • He can't already 100% (even if I believe he can)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Only is there will be WO more 2 times...

Votes: 1 2.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know really (Roger is absolutely unpredicted one). It why I'm asking this may be strange question)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would say 10-15%. Until there is a serious threat on grass then there is always a chance. Djoko can run into a hot server and lose his nerve at a moments notice. I like Stefanos and Zverev behind Feds, but Feds has a great chance. As wide a tourney as USO 2020 post Djoko debacle.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
I'd say he's definitively done

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
No. That ship has really sailed this time.

P.S. I admit that, at around 2015-2016, 2012 Wimbledon would be his last grand slam title and I thought he would never win a grand slam. He proved me wrong. Not this time. It's over. He still can make tons of money though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can he? Yes. I think a few top tier players would have to fall before they reach him. And he'd have to keep a cool head about him. But yes, I believe he can.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You just can’t write these guys off... The probability may be smaller every year, but it won’t be zero until they retire for good.
There are really few people who can be considered as favorite against him in Wimbledon, so all it takes is 2 weeks of good physical shape and a few things going his way.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Sadly no, can't see it happening anymore. Can't count him out of course for Wimbledon, but I say that the ship has sailed. The more painfull the last final will always be.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If he gets hot and gets a good draw, Wimbledon is possible, but unlikely. I’d say 10-15% is a reasonable estimate.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I would say it depends which Grand Slam and also the draw is a huge factor:

AO: second best chances for him after Wimbledon. Draw has to be good for him (easy first week etc.)
RG: Never forget he was in the semifinals in 2019. Still his chances are almost zero because he is older now.
WIM: I still like his chances at Wimbledon. He doesn't have to play long matches and there aren't a lot good grass players at the moment. He is for me in 2021 still the second favourite after Djokovic at Wimbledon 2021 with obviously a lot of questions mark.
USO: A little bit better chances at the US Open than at Roland Garros but still low chances. I think he has to play to many "longer" matches there to be fit enough for the last rounds. But if the draw opens and maybe 1 walkover his chances increases.

With Federer a lot depends of the draw and his form in this 2 weeks. If the luck is with him as it was very often you never know with him.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, it's over for him.
Someone Federer's age cannot and will not win 7 matches anymore.
The desire is there, the motivation is there, the will is there, but it is physically impossible for this to happen.

·
Super Moderator
12,371 Posts
Probably only at Wimbledon, and would be favourite if someone else took out Novak , or Novak was unable to play for some reason

·
Registered
711 Posts
Fred dominated a Djoker that didn’t try hard but still lost. Imagine if Fred didn’t dominate.
Didn’t Fred need severe luck twice in 2004 and 2009 Wimbledons against the slow returner Roddick? He laughed at Roddick but admitted that he needed luck and bad weather to win.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think he could, I don't think he will.

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
If he’s fully fit and healthy I’d give him a 15-20% chance at Wimbledon next year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts