Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not supposed to be a place for elitist reviews/analysts only.

Anyone should be welcome to tennis conversations, "serious" or not completely serious. That kind of ideas separates people in groups, which is just wrong for a sport as popular as tennis.

Thank you.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Re: Another Proposal for GM - No new proposal (Stop pedantism)

come now, how are we supposed to pride ourselves on our armchair analysis otherwise?

·
23,064 Posts
Re: Another Proposal for GM - No new proposal (Stop pedantism)

Anyone should be welcome to tennis conversations, "serious" or not completely serious. That kind of ideas separates people in groups, which is just wrong for a sport as popular as tennis.

Thank you.
(Is it about me? :lol:)

I am kind of OK about the Advanced Discussions thread but it is not like there won't be any fun left with many threads still has trolling/human reaction/armchair analysis or such. My "new proposal" was just to make all of the "NewsBot" articles be in one place, but I think unlike Advanced Discussions humor would still be allowed. I was actually thinking also about putting all of the results of matches on one place (also as an anti-spoiler thread to those who don't want to know the results but wanted to participate in other discussions) but most of the traffic here is due to that too so I think leaving it in the front page is appropriate.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
ACC campaigning in full swing, I see.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts

Thank you.
I don't think that was the idea behind AD. Nothing wrong in keeping "serious" discussion troll free. Anyone is still welcome to post, but I'm not sure why polluting good threads with garbage would be a good thing. Besides, a subforum makes these threads more easily accessible. I for one find the search function often less than reliable.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Attention seeking to the fullest. Why wouldn't you make your bone about the advanced serious discussion idea in the thread itself?

It was ought to be called 'the treasure trove' anyhow and then a member's final post altered the decision. Trust you though to brand it elitist because it opts to exclude troll-boys and fan-boys tho.

Sorry if you feel ostracized.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
I don't think that was the idea behind AD. Nothing wrong in keeping "serious" discussion troll free. Anyone is still welcome to post, but I'm not sure why polluting good threads with garbage would be a good thing. Besides, a subforum makes these threads more easily accessible. I for one find the search function often less than reliable.
He knows it wasn't the idea, he just wants your attention and responses. The bloke even replied in the thread itself.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Was waiting for some complaints. Good for the game.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Was waiting for some complaints. Good for the game.
I don't know why you just don't put your foot-down.

They'll keep trolling as long as you let stuff like this slide.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
As if.

I care more about the state of GM - whose slowly turning into an elitist mess - than ACC.
Stop watching movies like brave-heart. No land is being taken by the elitist English. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Attention seeking to the fullest. Why wouldn't you make your bone about the advanced serious discussion idea in the thread itself?

It was ought to be called 'the treasure trove' anyhow and then a member's final post altered the decision. Trust you though to brand it elitist because it opts to exclude troll-boys and fan-boys tho.

Sorry if you feel ostracized.
It's funny, you're answering exactly like a person full of himself would. So your presence in there is perfectly appropriate.
That's good, keep up the good work.

"Treasure Trove" was even worse, if you ask me, as a title. Like - look! My comments are so precious, they're a treasure and deserve to be placed in the treasure trove!

I'm a man of every people, and this place is supposed to be popular (for the people), not a treasure trove.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
It's funny, you're answering exactly like a person full of himself would. So your presence in there is perfectly appropriate.
That's good, keep up the good work.

"Treasure Trove" was even worse, if you ask me, as a title. Like - look! My comments are so precious, they're a treasure and deserve to be placed in the treasure trove!

I'm a man of every people, and this place is supposed to be popular (for the people), not a treasure trove.
Keep watching brave-heart movies mate. :yeah:

Yes, I am stealing your land and taking over the ordinary person. :rolleyes:

Ofcourse it would take someone of your limited intellect to think in this pattern.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Hilarious factor in all of this is the kid knows he's being irrational, but will rather play dense because he thinks it stirs up a racket.

Go and check it out; 'the people spoke' and the 'people' were in favour of it. Whatever 'party' you're leading as an MTF 'politician', it's supporters are wafer thin. :lol:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=485490

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Power to the peasants! Death to the aristocracy!

In all seriousness, this 'treasure trove' idea will fail. Or at the very least it won't be a roaring success as I suspect you think it will turn out to be. It will be subject to targeted trolling from certain individuals, even if it is supposedly going to be more strictly moderated. Serious, quality tennis discussion is not possible on this website, don't you know? For every one 'analyst', there are one-hundred 'trolls'. You can't keep them out.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
It's my most-hated film, ever. Probably. If youw ant to discuss quality films, let's be pedantic in another thread, shall we?

Also, after all: stay there, you'll have your playground. Have fun! :bigwave:
You clearly don't even know the meaning of the word pedantic, I'm willing to bet you've probably over-heard it somewhere and now have it adopted in your general vocabulary, ready to use to describe any topic you don't understand.

You wanna know what's pedantic kido? People, such as yourself, making a new thread every time Uncle Toni has something bland to say in the press. That's not even considering what goes into these threads, with the influx of Fed and Nadal - tards going at it for 20+ pages all arguing over how credible his comment / opinion is.

THAT IS PEDANTIC^

I suggest you start using words that aren't too big for your boots, as atm you keep scoring own goals and providing me with material to fight against your case to keep this a fan/troll boy zone.

I understand you don't want the place to get tennis 'technical' - But the forum is for all sorts of members at the end of the day - It doesn't specifically say, Fanboy Tennis Forum. There are people that like to discuss the game of tennis too. You can cheer-lead in the GM. :yeah:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Power to the peasants! Death to the aristocracy!

In all seriousness, this 'treasure trove' idea will fail. Or at the very least it won't be a roaring success as I suspect you think it will turn out to be. It will be subject to targeted trolling from certain individuals, even if it is supposedly going to be more strictly moderated. Serious, quality tennis discussion is not possible on this website, don't you know? For every one 'analyst', there are one-hundred 'trolls'. You can't keep them out.
Sham Kay has clearly indicated that the sub-forum will be under strict regulation by moderators. Any trolling will lead to immediate red card infractions and subsequent bans.

Serious discussion is possible on this website, I disagree, it is and can be, but often the threads get flushed away in the mist of all the other bull-crap we have to read regarding insignificant fan-boy stuff.

Light heartedness can be part of a serious discussion and debate anyway, the only reason the word 'serious' is being banded around for relation/regard to this sub-forum is so it's made clear that the purpose of it is to let people talk about tennis OBJECTIVELY. That;'s all this is at the end of the day. It's not to banish light hearted fun and banter.

Too much of the time these threads get derailed by fan boys whom just down whichever player that stand at a rival to their 'favourite'. That's not explaining their opinion and instead only showing a clear bias. You want that?

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
What's wrong with having it? If it's good, participate. Or don't if you think it's too serious or elitist.
If you think it's garbage, just ignore it, just like most people ignore doubles section of the forum. Yet, nobody has a real problem about people posting there. Mind your own business and post where you like to post, let other people enjoy parts of these boards they like.

If there's place for 'From 1 million to 0' and 'ATP players bulges', then there should be a place for serious discussion.

On the other hand, I wouldn't like all even slightly serious serious threads to be placed there, then GM will be left with trolling only. And it's not trolling and making fun if everybody knows you're trolling and making fun. It sucks all the fun out if it.

Make a mixture of those, and I'm all for it. What's wrong with trying it? If it goes well, keep it, if it fails, you can always go back to the way it was.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
What's wrong with having it? If it's good, participate. Or don't if you think it's too serious or elitist.
If you think it's garbage, just ignore it, just like most people ignore doubles section of the forum. Yet, nobody has a real problem about people posting there. Mind your own business and post where you like to post, let other people enjoy parts of these boards they like.

If there's place for 'From 1 million to 0' and 'ATP players bulges', then there should be a place for serious discussion.

On the other hand, I wouldn't like all even slightly serious serious threads to be placed there, then GM will be left with trolling only. And it's not trolling and making fun if everybody knows you're trolling and making fun. It sucks all the fun out if it.

Make a mixture of those, and I'm all for it. What's wrong with trying it? If it goes well, keep it, if it fails, you can always go back to the way it was.
The thing is; the sub-forum has been put together for those whom simply want to discuss tennis without fan-boy bias intervening. The moment one or two fed/nadal hardcore fans intervene with an absurd statement, that's the moment everything kicks off. It draws in fellow tards and then before you know it that discussion which was meant to be going on has left the building. lol

It's just for people whom want to discuss tennis objectively. It's nothing about keeping it serious. The serious word is to give trolls a sign that they have a restraining order, permanent restraining order from entering the premises.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts