Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
20,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Medvedev lost all his clutch this tournament and in Paris, what the fuck was that? Horrific tiebreak. Even against Nadal he at least had like 4 unreturnables.

He could have broken for the set at 4-5 also, but made a silly error at 0-15*.

Tennis sheds a tear.

The most in form or second most in form player in Nadal exits the tournament.

No Fedal SF.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Medvedev lost all his clutch this tournament and in Paris, what the fuck was that? Horrific tiebreak. Even against Nadal he at least had like 4 unreturnables. He could have broken for the set at 4-5 also, but made a silly error at 0-15*.
He was playing much more aggresive than what is natural for him, he played like that because there wasn't much on stake for him, he tried but Zverev obviously wanted it more and was serving perfectly today.

·
Registered
60,540 Posts
Thank you Zverev for your service to humanity.

Medvedev was broken in the first game and that was the only break all match. Zverev served great but returned subpar, missed a ton of makeable returns on Medvedev's serve. Hit some shots right on the line in the TB though (including one Medvedev unwisely stopped to challenge), and then Medvedev kinda imploded.

·
Registered
20,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was playing much more aggresive than what is natural for him, he played like that because there wasn't much on stake for him, he tried but Zverev obviously wanted it more and was serving perfectly today.
Rubbish, Medvedev played much more aggressive during his winning streak. Did you watch a second of it?

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Lol Welp...that's what happens when you lose as hard as Nadal did against Zverev....he lost all control of his destiny. Shame because I think all three(Stef, Rafa, Sascha) deserve to get into the bracket stage.

Grats to Sascha! Wonder if he defend his title here. Thiem next.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Medvedev tried different tennis today, which is understandable. He was more aggressive than usual, tried FH drop shots and still was close to beat Zverev in 2nd set.
Zverev wasn't really impressive, he was just serving really well. 81% 1st serve is very high.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Congrats Sascha! He deserves his spot in the Semifinal after all.

Medvedev going 0-4 after Shanghai:unsure:

Reactions: Lila

·
Registered
60,540 Posts
Medvedev's decision to take time off was clearly a mistake. Came back with his confidence eroded and his clutchness gone.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nadal fighting tooth and nail to get through these last two matches only to be sent packing in the end ? This RR format is unforgiving.

Reactions: AskTheQuestion

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Im really not disappointing that Nadal not in the SF.. but im quite happy that he won those matches agaisnt Stefanos and Danil and showed good tennis.
Dont think Zverev can be in the final , its all sets up for Thiem Vs Roger

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Zverev served at 81%, it's almost impossible to break him when he puts those sorts of numbers up.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
I don’t know what to feel. I’m kinda torn between seeing another fedal match and being glad it’s tsitsipas instead since I consider him to be the easier opponent. His return and backhand were pretty weak today. If he doesn’t improve it will look like the Basel match. But I’m not too optimistic. Federer’s form could also fluctuate and if he performs like against thiem it will be really tough

1 - 21 of 86 Posts