Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tsitsi showing the world that he has a single-digit IQ. Well done, Sir. Now enjoy getting roasted by fully rested Fed/Thiem tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

·
justice for all
14,461 Posts
Let's just hope Zverev wins tonight no matter how.

·
Registered
58,339 Posts
Nauseating match, tournament, year, and sport. Nadal won because of a net cord, because how else would it ever go? Credit to Tsitsipas for trying when it would have been to his advantage to lose, but idiotic game plan and truly abysmal returning doomed him. Can only hope Medvedev tanks, otherwise I have no doubt Nadal will somehow fluke the win here.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,399 Posts
That was surprising from Tsitsipas to get involved in such a marathon jeopardising his chances tomorrow

Nadal fought a lot though. It takes some heart to do that considering qualification is not on his hands only

·
justice for all
14,461 Posts
Stef pushed dull hard but was really poor on return and that plus some usual stupid luck for dull cost him the match.

He needs to improve that ROS for the next year if he wants to fight for the top spot.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Good thing Rafa has been fully healthy lately to be able to grind his way to the SF in consecutive 3 HR matches.
Thank God no such thing happened like say an injury during the Paris tournament, that would be the worst.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Very enjoyable match! It's the same when Federer and Djokovic face one of the new guys, Nadal is not going anywhere just because you're supposed to be the potential king of tennis. You have to beat him otherwise he will beat you!

Nadal deserved to win. He's done more and forced the opponent to hit UEs. Still can't believe Rafa relies on Medvedev, of all people, to go through...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Umbalivabol, lost for words..

Huge props to both players for incredible tennis and fighting spirit
(lmao to people who said Stef would tank for.. reasons)

Better player won, despite Stef incredible clutchness/serve

amazing how both Federer and Nadal could raise their level in this tournament

and now, I want Meddy to fight a muerte like these two guys.. I might consider a name change if he tanks

·
Registered
29,081 Posts
I mean... good fighting spirit from Nadal but feels like Tsitsipas was a bit underwhelming at the end there. He's already qualified though so perhaps he didn't wanna spend all his mental energy, who knows. He saved many break points but...

or maybe I'm overestimating him and that's the best he's got.

I wouldn't mind a Fedal semi, if Medvedev wins tonight.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Tsitsipas needs to hook up with someone like muller and hit 1000 BH returns on the wide side daily in the off season

Its no surprise his only win matchup came on a clay court

·
Registered
928 Posts
That was surprising from Tsitsipas to get involved in such a marathon jeopardising his chances tomorrow

Nadal fought a lot though. It takes some heart to do that considering qualification is not on his hands only
Agree. That's what I admire about him the most he never stops fighting until the last point. I just wish Novak showed even half of the fight yesterday as Nadal did tonight.

·
The special one
14,287 Posts
Great match. Nadal's level in the decider was great especially, some of these volleys especially were brilliant. I felt Tsitsipas was hanging on a little bit towards the end, could've easily been a 6-2 set had Nadal taken some of his BP chances, while never facing a BP himself all match.

Wouldn't mind a Fedal match tomorrow tbh.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Stef was average today, poor returning, passing shots and BH. He fought as hard as he could, but was not lucky in the end. Nadal deserved this win today, but Roger will be too much to him, you can't escape close matches again and again.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Nauseating match, tournament, year, and sport. Nadal won because of a net cord, because how else would it ever go? Credit to Tsitsipas for trying when it would have been to his advantage to lose, but idiotic game plan and truly abysmal returning doomed him. Can only hope Medvedev tanks, otherwise I have no doubt Nadal will somehow fluke the win here.
An unbroken streak of sourpuss posts from you.

Another poster said it well in livescore:

Rafa wins 8 more points, hits more winners, & doesn't face a BP for the entire match and he's "lucky". Never change, MTF.

·
Your visions will happen
48,148 Posts
Greatest fighter in history of sport.

This win gets an extra 4 weeks guaranteed at #1 up to 210

Now we wait and root for Medvedev

·
Ace Loveforty
83,399 Posts
Somehow Nadal channelled his inner Rafter in the last set

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Wow tsitsipas return was terrible... not generating a break point against this mediocre nadal is a real shame. After today’s match I genuinely prefer tsitsipas over nadal as the federer opponent.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Greatest fighter in history of sport.

This win gets an extra 4 weeks guaranteed at #1 up to 210

Now we wait and root for Medvedev
This “greatest fighter„ Label is getting annoying. There was no fight. it was an ordinary 3-set-Match and nadal was never in trouble on serve while he himself got two breaks which were only a matter of time considering the trajectory of the match...

1 - 20 of 128 Posts