Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 87 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Total annihilation, Zverev never stood a chance.

Registered
This means if Zverev wins in straights, Nadal is out even if he beats Tsitsipas in straights. They'd all 3 be 2-1 and Nadal would be 4-3 in sets while the others would be 4-2.

Registered
Beatdown

Zverev escaped eating a bakery product

Reactions: Veesus Christ

Registered
If Nadal beats Tsitsipas and Medvedev beats Zverev, is the direct encounter between Nadal/Tsitsipas the tiebreaker since its a 2-way tie? I know its sets and games in a 3-way tie, ergo if Nadal and Zverev win.

Registered

Registered
Stef is looking good. Seems to be in a good place mentally at the moment, nice and calm.

5th and 6th seeds outperforming everyone else so far.

Your visions will happen
Wow what a mess the group is now. Even Medvedev can still qualify

Registered
Congrats Stef - let's see how he does in his next match against Rafa

justice for all
Wow! What a time to be a fan of this amazing player!

Well done Stef on reaching the SF on your debut at ATP Finals!

Next year is promising to be really great for all the young players I support. Can't wait for next matches and months to come.

Registered
Zverev his brat self, while Tsitsipas in GOAT mode, at least playing close to his best.
I can see him winning or making the final here.

Registered
Stefanos looking so comfortable out there, was in full control of this match. Zverev was reduced to being a spectator, that net game just won't do.

Reactions: Meddy B盲r

Registered

Registered
If Nadal beats Tsitsipas and Medvedev beats Zverev, is the direct encounter between Nadal/Tsitsipas the tiebreaker since its a 2-way tie? I know its sets and games in a 3-way tie, ergo if Nadal and Zverev win.
Yep. Head to head determines placing for 2-way ties.

Registered
Nadal will pay the prize for his total no-show against Zverev. This a is really terrible result for him in terms of the SF qualification permutations ..Not in his racket anymore.

Registered

Registered

Attachments

Registered
Yes, Medvedev can still advance now.

If he and Stef win.

Hopefully Zverev/Medvedev is first, a trying Medvedev probably won't be straight setted, ensuring Nadal can not exit even if he wins.

1 - 21 of 87 Posts