Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I admire Rafa.BUT!Rafa had no business winning this.Idk what to say.Tragic stuff.Very Low quality...

·
Your visions will happen
48,216 Posts
First two sets I thought were actually pretty good as well as the 3rd set TB.

However the regulation part of the 3rd set was an absolute mess, a mugfest of epic proportions. 0-4 BP down, 1-5 MP down, I was ready to do calculations for advancement, games won, sets won, etc. Can't believe Med blew this. Rafa was playing really garbage and Med just let him back in

·
Registered
628 Posts
Now everyone can agree and no one can argue ever again that Medvedev has talent and will win a slam. Face it. Only Djokoivc can beat Nadal and federer and win a slam. Djokovic is it

·
Registered
479 Posts
The loss was one thing, the level from Medvedev was like something from 2018, how did it get from so good to this in a matter of weeks?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Rafa should have eaten a bagel in the 3rd set. He was that bad. He was completely disinterested in the match at 5-1. Medvedev really inexcusable how he lost this.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
What happened? I turned on the match, saw Nadal trailing 0-4 in the third set and turned it off again.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Choke of the century.
(Unsurprisingly coming against the biggest benefactor of luck, Luckdal)

Had BP to serve for a bagel,MP to win in a breadstick but instead starts hitting disgusting UFEs to choke the lead.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Now Rafa needs to hope that Zverev wins tonight and then he would be able to get Nr.1 without Djoko being able to do anything about it.

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
Well, looks like Fed at least got some competition for the Choke of the Year awards.

What the hell did I just watch.

After an okay first set from both (except for Rafa's weak TB), Medvedev played a lacklustre second set while Rafa was a bit more aggressive. The third set, what an absolute mugfest. At first Daniil just dominated Rafa who looked completely out of it, Medvedev had 4-0 and it looked like he could even deliver a bagel. However he lost focus and got tight, twice failed to serve out the match and just collapsed.

Hard to analyze this really, but if you want to try... Rafa was all over the place in this match, he was serving well and played good at the net for the first 2 sets, but his baseline hitting was tentative throughout.

It should be said that this matchup is really tactical. Both players doing their best to make the other person uncomfortable; Nadal choosing to hit lots of slices so that Meddy can't unload, and Medvedev often hitting rally balls deep down the middle which Nadal can't really attack. Of course deep in the 3rd set Daniil lost his head and abandoned that strategy which was working pretty well.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Medvedev should end his career right now, absolutely disgusting choke. Nadal was completely shit though, Tsitsipas should normally roast him as well.

·
Your visions will happen
48,216 Posts
Now this means Djokovic must win the whole thing to be #1. Not only that, Rafa has to win only vs Tsitsipas and then a SF to lock it up even if Nole wins the whole thing. What a huge turnaround the last two matches. Seemed like Nole was a lock for #1 after the Zverev loss but now 36 hrs later seems like Rafa has it sewn up

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
After the USO final, Nadal once again saving tennis. Good stuff! Keeps his third match still interesting.

Can't even feel sorry for Medvedev, because of his terrible, terrible, terrible movement and shots. Have a vodka!

1 - 20 of 167 Posts