Kuznetsova v Sharapova

Henin v Bartoli

Jankovic v Chakvetadze

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sharapova over Hantuchova @ 1.90

Shark is the bigger hussy of the two, so expect her to win.

BOL

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Must be an excuse for her poor results.

Anyway, I bet on women's tennis very exceptionally so I won't get involved.

But I had quite a strong comeback to challenger betting (3-0 since I started again) so I might post my today's picks later ;)

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
I would say a fully fit, re-charged Serena Williams will be a serious threat to Henin this week.

They will clash in the group stages but if they both get through they will not meet up-untill the final.

Serena has the wood over all her opponents this week expect henin. So she is most likely to make the final.

I would say at 4/1 to win and e/w to make final represents excellent value and a possible money spinner.

Serena outright 4/1 and e/w (1-2) at half of the odds. So i can get 2/1 on serena making the final...free money?

This will be my main bet.

As for today's matches, unders in the henin vs chakky game at 5/6 is a real possibility.

Sharapova vs Hanthucova is a coin toss, maria has the wood over dani 5-1 h2h and matches up perfectly against her but fitness has played a key role in the odds and bookies cant decide. I cant decide too.

Ivanovic vs Kuzzie- This could be a long match and overs is the recodomation, im gonna take a punt on anna at nearly evens to win this. She is without doubt the 4th best player in the world behind henin and the two william sisters. Kuzzie is number 2 in the world at the mommment due to cakewalk draws in almost all the slams. Anna has a real chance here.

good luck

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Henin X Shark
1st I wanted to go for Dani as there were 2.8 for her win at the beginning..now its even and I cant leave alone 1.8 on a player with 4/4..Maria didnt play indoors if you are not coutin her campaign "I am Russian so I play Moscow" but still for me even with her shoulder problem during serve better player in every aspect!

Henin X ANNA
Every Russian player playing Madrid had aweful season ending, I saw Kuzma Kuzmic lost 4 consecutive servis games against Dulko, struggle against Bammer and retire to Schiavone and I have to say this girl is out of form..she can miss 4BH down the line and will go for another.

Henin to win Madrid 1,8!!!
This cant go wrong.I cant see any player even touching her feet, Serena? Well, she retired her last match too. The only healthy players seem to be Hantuchova and Chakvetadze. You have to be 100% fit plus in great from to make trouble to JuJu. Moreover Henin will play 100% every match unlike indoors tournament where she looked like to focus only where it was needed.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Henin should win this tournament hands down. I don't see Serena as a threat because Henin has schooled her the last three times they have played. Not one player in this tournament has proven they can beat Henin lately so for me this is a no brainer. To be honest, the only woman that really should give Henin any problems is Ivanovic who has the talent and heart to challenge her. I guess we will see. I will take Henin to win the tourney at -160 and Henin to win the group at -220. Good luck people!!

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
I took Henin outright at 1.84 for a bit on an interest. That'll be my only bet of the week. Wouldn't fancy getting involved in these end of season challengers with a lot of journeymen probably hoping to secure a nice Christmas bonus from the local bookmaker.

·
Premium Member
11,343 Posts
I took Henin outright at 1.84 for a bit on an interest. That'll be my only bet of the week. Wouldn't fancy getting involved in these end of season challengers with a lot of journeymen probably hoping to secure a nice Christmas bonus from the local bookmaker.
So true !!! :lol:

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Ivanovic over Kuznetsova 5/6

Sharapova over Hantuchova 5/6

gl :yeah:

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Are you guys that ignorant? I mean she gave a walk-over in Los Angeles in the summer, then was knocked out in the third round in the US Open, and then played one match since then which she lost. Doesn't sound like a minor niggle to me. It's possible that she has rested and is a better shape, but the doubts are quite logical.

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Nobody has concrete evidence of any probs at moment, that was the past, if you think that then lump on Hantuchova

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Sharapova was all over the place a couple of weeks ago in Moscow. Would like to see how she is serving before backing her with any confidence.

Hant has been superb in recent weeks.

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Sharapova was all over the place a couple of weeks ago in Moscow. Would like to see how she is serving before backing her with any confidence.

Hant has been superb in recent weeks.
Good point m8, Sharapova is one of those players you will only need to see the first couple of games to see what form she is in.if she serves well could be a close match

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Healthy Sharapova would be 1.1-1.2 against a chump like Hantu

Even a 20% healthy Sharapova should beat Hantu, so for ne 1.8 is a gift. I am willing to take a gamble that her fitness level is above 20%

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Falla (already won) X Puerta @ 2.03

Only a little cash on this combo since I can't fully trust Puerta yet.

But I'm addicted to this shit so I must have placed a bet :D

1 - 20 of 145 Posts