Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Nalbandian + David Ferrer

I really enjoy watching their tennis when they are on song!
I hope both of them will carry the good form into year 2008!

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
David Nalbandian is the guy who will be Top 4 next year

David Ferrer is just luck. I do not think that he is the Top guy. Never, but if He make it to the Final, I would change my mind, but it almost impossible

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
I agree with jcempire, Ferrer is just a lucky fool who will fall out of top 10 by March.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Could be, but Ferrer´s game seems to be more physical. Nalbandian´s game, instead, seems to have far more tennis hability than the spanish player.

One demonstration was the París game between this two players: while Ferrer was incredible running from left to right during almost all the game, Nalbandian made a less effort with his legs, simply because he placed the ball were he wanted most of the time. That compensate the game for a few sets, but when Ferrer´s body when down in the 3rd set, Nalbandian just killed him.

I´m not saying Ferrer is like Cañas, I´m saying that Nalbandian has more tennis options in his book: incredible angle shots, incredible drops, air shots, etc. Ferrer will be very tired this Australian Open. Can´t image a 5 sets game for him.

PD: it´s curious, Nalbandian just said a few weeks ago that Ferrer is his best friend in all the ATP Tour :wavey:

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
David Nalbandian is the guy who will be Top 4 next year

David Ferrer is just luck. I do not think that he is the Top guy. Never, but if He make it to the Final, I would change my mind, but it almost impossible
I agree with jcempire, Ferrer is just a lucky fool who will fall out of top 10 by March.
Although even as a very big Ferrer fan I agree he won't stay top 6, I do not think it's just luck that has taken him to where he is right now. How about great tennis, hard work and determination. Do you really think just luck would have brought him to Shanghai and made him play such fantastic tennis as he has been playing?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Could well be both Davids have shown explosive form recently.

I'd rather it be the year of Andy's!!!!!!
(Murray 4 Wimbledon, and why not let Roddick win something of note!!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts