Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Bull
5. Nishikori

I think Murray will get to #1 next year, he has the "eye of the tiger" right now so to speak and the stamina to track Nole down.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Bull
5. Nishikori

I think Murray will get to #1 next year, he has the "eye of the tiger" right now so to speak and the stamina to track Nole down.
I agree with first three, but I really can't understand why everyone puts Nadal at 4? :shrug: He is currently ranked 7th with no chance to gain points during the clay season. HE will not gain much on grass, HC and indorrs seasons. So he will likely be around 10th spot by the end of the year. I think there is really good posibility that he will not make it to the WTF.

YE Rankings:
1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Nishikori
5. Berdych
6. Raonic - hopefully he recovers quickly from the surgery
7. Wawrinka
8. Dimitrov
9. Ferrer
10. Nadal

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I agree with first three, but I really can't understand why everyone puts Nadal at 4? :shrug: He is currently ranked 7th with no chance to gain points during the clay season. HE will not gain much on grass, HC and indorrs seasons. So he will likely be around 10th spot by the end of the year. I think there is really good posibility that he will not make it to the WTF.

YE Rankings:
1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Nishikori
5. Berdych
6. Raonic - hopefully he recovers quickly from the surgery
7. Wawrinka
8. Dimitrov
9. Ferrer
10. Nadal
Because Rafa is still better than most of the other players ahead of him, even on hard given his form. He's still more consistent (i.e. making F in Madrid, QF in AO, etc.) 4 is definitely too high I think, but I'd be shocked out if he didn't make the WTF (assuming he doesn't take time off again "injured", which is a high possibility) There's no way the likes of Dimitrov (lol have you seen this guy play recently?) :shrug:, Wawrinka, and Ferrer will finish ahead of him assuming he plays the full schedule. Also there's a 50% chance he doesn't face Djokovic until the final of the FO, and a good chance to pick up at least 720 or 1200 points there.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Because Rafa is still better than most of the other players ahead of him, even on hard given his form. He's still more consistent (i.e. making F in Madrid, QF in AO, etc.) 4 is definitely too high I think, but I'd be shocked out if he didn't make the WTF (assuming he doesn't take time off again "injured", which is a high possibility) There's no way the likes of Dimitrov (lol have you seen this guy play recently?) :shrug:, Wawrinka, and Ferrer will finish ahead of him assuming he plays the full schedule.
Ne he is not. He is not better on clay, he will not be on HC and especially not on grass where he is not among top 100 (i.e losing to players outside top 100 for 3 years in a row).

·
The Last Mohican
24,731 Posts
1. Djoker
2. Roger
3. Andy (once again - think he's being overrated)

9. Nadull

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
1. Djokovic
2. Federer
3. Murray
4. Nishikori
5. Nadal
6. Wawrinka
7. Berdych
8. Cilic
9. Raonic
10. Dimitrov

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
Nadal is not getting bellow 8 ... If not him, the ATP will make sure that he plays at the WTF

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Nadal is not getting bellow 8 ... If not him, the ATP will make sure that he plays at the WTF
He's 7 in the race, and to be honest, I don't see him getting worse. He stays in the top 8, with deep runs at the slams (possibly sans Wimby) IMO.

Remember that Federer is only 265 points ahead of Nadal in the race. That will change as we're coming up to Federer's historically strongest part of the season, but if Federer has a subpar second half of the year, don't be surprised if you find that both Federer and Nadal have some ranking woes.

·
Registered
645 Posts
its Rafael Nadal, ofc he isnt going outside of top 10. even if he doesn't win FO, he will be good enough to stay in top 8. especially considering that ATP race right now looks like:
Novak, then huuuuuuuge gap, Murray, then solid gap, Berdych, another solid gap, players between 4-8. so Rafa is pretty much on same pace as Ferrer, Federer, Nishikori, Raonic and Wawrinka. after RG, he can easily get to third place in race, even if he doesn't win it. if he wins it, he might get to second place. Novak is the only one untouchable

·
Registered
642 Posts
He's 7 in the race, and to be honest, I don't see him getting worse. He stays in the top 8, with deep runs at the slams (possibly sans Wimby) IMO.

Remember that Federer is only 265 points ahead of Nadal in the race. That will change as we're coming up to Federer's historically strongest part of the season, but if Federer has a subpar second half of the year, don't be surprised if you find that both Federer and Nadal have some ranking woes.
Why would Nadal make deep runs in the second half of the season? Most likely early exit is in the grass season he wont do good after USO and I dont see him doing so well at the USO series. If he doesnt reach the final at RG he will be most likely out of the top8.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree most with the Ops ratings. The rankings should be: Djokovic, Murray, fed, nadal, nishikori.

Nadal is still a very strong player. Looks like tennis watchers have very short memories. When a player starts playing badly they just count him out.

Remember Murray had reached rank 10 or even below last year, when he was getting back from injury. It took him a full year to recover to his best. But no when he has done that he is stronger than ever.

Give Nadal time to recover. Once he does, he will come back strong. His form may be out, but his character, skill, talent, and even age are not gone yet. He will return to top 4 in no time.

He has hardly any points to defend after Wimbledon, so it will be easier for him to climb the rankings ladder then!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If they do that, it's still not guarantied, he still could let them down as was already the case before.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
1. Djokovic

2-2000. the rest

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hard to predict Nadal's YE ranking right now tbh, could be anywhere between 2 and 9-10 easily. Djokovic is a lock for #1 bar disaster. This would be my bet:

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Federer
4. Nadal
5. Berdych
6. Nishikori
7. Wawrinka
8. Ferrer
9. Raonic
10. Dimitrov

·
Registered