Arthur Ashe Humanitarian - Robredo
Best Masters - Indian Wells
Best 500 event - London Queens
Best 250 - Stokholm

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Personally I am surprised by best 500 award. I find that tournament boring enough. Would have preffered Miami to win best masters and Federer fans fav is just cringe. Robredo WTF lol l. Sorry @Redkop

·
Registered
760 Posts
N1 - Djokovic
N1 Doubles - Marach/Pavic
Comeback of the year - Djokovic
Most improved - Tsitsipas
Spirtsmanship - Nadal
Fans fav - Federer
Fans fav Doubles - Bryan/Sock
Newcomer - De Minaur
Best 250 - Stokholm
What... Could it be. Federer finally doesn't win the sportsmanship award.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
They are officially released....

N1 Singles - Djokovic
N1 Doubles - Marach/Pavic
Comeback of the year - Djokovic
Most improved - Tsitsipas
Sportsmanship - Nadal
Fans fav Singles - Federer
Fans fav Doubles - Bryan/Sock
Newcomer - De Minaur
Best 250 - Stokholm
:cuckoo: A man who intentionally violates the time limit all the time and still complains about any actions to enforce the rule gets the sportsmanship award? Hilarious stuff.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Robredo humanitarian? Nadal sportsmanship? :lol:

ATP awards are always a joke and is just a marketing tool but they outdone themselves here

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Marian Vajda, who guided Djokovic in his return to the top with the pair reuniting in April, has been named by his peers as ATP Coach of the Year. :bowdown:

·
Administrator
6,075 Posts
The "sportsmanship" award doesn't seem to have anything to do with actual instances of sportsmanship. So Nadal winning it is no different to Federer winning it any other year from that perspective.

Still, strange that it went to him this year. The only other year it went to someone other than Federer was to Nadal in 2010, but that year he clearly posotioned himself as the most high profile champion on the tour so there's an obvious reason why things might have shifted from Federer to him that year. Wonder what it was that made the players select Nadal instead of Federer for 2018 in particular. Maybe that he barely played tournaments on hard court?

Well deserved Comeback, Most Improved, Newcomer and Coach awards. The "Best Tournament" awards are more from the player's perspective of playing there rather than the quality of the tournament. Anyone know more about Robredo's contribution for the Humanitarian Award? I thought perhaps "retirement" but I see that can't be it.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Congratulations to the winners, Novak and Marián winning is the most deserved.

My guess is that the players voted for Rafa because of his help in Majorca.

:cuckoo: A man who intentionally violates the time limit all the time and still complains about any actions to enforce the rule gets the sportsmanship award? Hilarious stuff.
Well, not anymore.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The "sportsmanship" award doesn't seem to have anything to do with actual instances of sportsmanship.
The time has come for umpires to vote on who should win that award.

We need the voice of reason, i. e. that of Carlos Bernardes, Carlos Ramos, Lahyani et al. Put them in a room and let them decide, they are the best qualified. I have 100% trust that they will come up with the best and most deserving winner each year.

·
Registered
14,394 Posts

Nadal doesn't "violates the time limit all the time" and if you had seen his matches you would have noticed that he took less time and adapted well to the shot clock this year. And for the record I don't claim that Nadal's sportsmanship award should be 100% undisputed but it's still an improvement over who got the award in recent years.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
The Sportmanship Award (as are all other awards) is mostly used to promote the top players as amazing sportsmen rather than actually rewarding great sportmanship, so I don't see a reason why I should take these awards more serious this year than in all other years.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Congratulations to the winners, Novak and Marián winning is the most deserved.

My guess is that the players voted for Rafa because of his help in Majorca.
This. Awards to Novak and Vajda are a testimony of this outstanding comeback.
When it comes to sportsmanship award off-court activities count so Majorca actions definitely helped.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
It's not more of a joke than Federer who shows wrong marks on clay multiple times, tells another players's parents to be quiet and is basically so unclassy towards his opponents when losing a match...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
yeah, sportmanship and the other bogus humanitarian what-ever-award are so cringe ist's laughable, they should get rid of that BS.
rest seems legit tho, except i'd trade tsitsipas with KK me thinks.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
This. Awards to Novak and Vajda are a testimony of this outstanding comeback.
When it comes to sportsmanship award off-court activities count so Majorca actions definitely helped.
Kei would have likely won the comeback award if not for Djokovic :lol:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Kei would have likely won the comeback award if not for Djokovic :lol:
I'm pretty sure you add Kei to keywords of your publications.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts