Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cards did it! They won the World Series!!!! Excellent. The last 2 games were pretty exciting too. The only bad thing is, now baseball is over for about 6 months. :sad:

At least I'll have my basketball. :) That's kinda cool how one ends and the other starts. At least I don't have to go without seeing my favorite sports at all. Go Sacramento Kings!!! :woohoo:

Of course it goes without saying that I love tennis also, I wouldn't even be on this forum if that weren't true. The bad part is the limited tennis coverage that I get. Usually it is just a matter of checking the computer for scores...sometimes I actually get to watch "live" scores...but it's not like seeing the match on TV. And of course TV doesn't compare to watching in person, but who can afford to do THAT very often???? I wish Directv would carry The Tennis Channel...but I fear that will never happen....and unfortunately we have too much invested in Directv to switch satellite carriers.

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Congrats for your team. :) Concerning tennis coverage, I consider myself very lucky, because, apart from very few tournaments, I get relatively good coverage of all. Thanks to cable. Only 2 years I have it, and I can't even remember what it was like before. I had RG and DC. That's all. :shrug: Sometimes, I'm also stuck with the livescores, and I like it very much when there is some live stream.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool that you get coverage for most of the tournaments. :cool: We would get much better coverage if we had a different sat. provider. Like one that carried The Tennis Channel...The problem is... we have had Directv for more years than I can remember...and as a gift to each other, my husband and I upgraded our TV and sat. box to HD. Well, purchasing the HD sat. box from Directv was expensive, so now we can't afford to switch companies and have the unit we purchased from Directv become worthless... :sad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts