1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
What is with all the retirement options? no point

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Hard to tell, it should be very interresting match, both guys have similar game, big powerfull groundstrokes, great serve and net game, but Berdych has better ROS, so i think this could be what will be deciding. Also their play only once - in Beijing few weeks ago and Berdych was better player, he was winning his service games easier, also TSonga generally sucks against players like Berdych.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Tsonga will take this.

Tsonga troubled Fed, and beat Nadal superbly.

Berdych in contrast struggled to beat an under par Djokovic, eventually losing, and Tipsy had match points against him. And heaven knows Ferrer was a break and a set up at 4-3 in the second set before crumbling.

It'll be a Federer Tsonga final. And it'll be a great match.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Tsonga has a poor ROS and generally loses to big servers. But Berdych serve was shit all week. 45% of first serves in. So I go with Tsonga in 3.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The 90's MASTERS scenario would go like this Tsonga somehow reaches the final and beats heavy favorite Fed for the title after losing to him in the RR...I VERY MUCH HOPE that does not happen..

·
Registered
837 Posts
I will go for Birdshith in 3..because he WILL fold in the final...he's just that type of guy doesn't enjoy playing finals...

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Like in Beijing the real thing that determined the match was Tsonga's return of serve. I think the same thing may be the reason for a Berdych win tomorrow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tom, please.... Do your best here.

·
Registered
837 Posts
If it weren't for a very generous Lubi...he wouldn't even have a masters series title so yeah..he feels the pressure too much..looking at him Murray isn't all that bad

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Berdych played 3 tough 3-setters in group and has less than 24 hour rest before semifinal. Tsonga is more fresh and this may decide outcome of the match. I say Tsonga in 3.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Berdych deserves it a little bit more. But I predicted Tsonga/Fed final, so Tsonga will win in 3 tough ones. Tsonga needs to play it smart, Berdych chokes big forehands when he has some golden opportunities, so Tsonga should be able to defeat him via less UEs and a better serve since the Berdych serve isn't consistent as his.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
I am going to be at this match at the 02 tomorrow, right at the front (I have $150 ticket)

Don't mind who wins, just want a good match!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts