• Tsitsipas in 2

• Tsitsipas in 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal needs to win to stay alive in the group. I think mentally, the comeback win vs Meddy will help him a lot and he will pull it off in 3 sets, though Stef level has been higher than his.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinking: It is actually not bad for Tsitsipas to qualify second in the group. I know Thiem is in ominous form, but i would still rate a five time WTF champion chasing #1 as the tougher SF opponent.

If Federer beats Nole, then yes going all out vs Nadal makes sense. But if, as expected, Djokovic prevails, Stef might not die to win this match.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nadal in 2 is I think the most likely outcome. Nadal will be motivated (as always) but Tsitsipas not so much.
Tsitsipas has already qualified. And more importantly, if he finishes 2nd in the group, he can avoid playing Djokovic (or Federer), so it may actually be advantageous for him to lose and finish second in his group. I'm not saying he'd tank the match, but he may not give it everything.

·
|
14,778 Posts
Rafa got exactly what he wanted in the Medvedev match, it allowed Rafa to hit a maximum amount of balls to shake off rust and find rhythm.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
There are alot of scenarios out there in both matches in this group.
Tsitsipas is already in and he said hes having pain in his foot or leg. So he might not give his all.
The there is who is he facing in the SF. He can pick or choose which one suits him at this time.
Rafa has only one choice. Win in 2 and wait for the other match.
In this other match Med is done, so he may give up. Or play for pride and without pressure he could beat Sasha.
Sasha had everytyhing to win this group but maybe vs a rusty Nadal he tought it was a piece of cake. Wrong.

So lets see what we get.

·
|
14,778 Posts
I'm not sure that Nadal can win. Yesterday, he was huge mentally but not in his tennis game. In addition, his qualifications depends of his win and the Med's win. After this match, I'm not sure Medvedev come in the field with the envy to win.
Rafa's tennis game was huge, he stopped making errors in the 2nd half of the 3rd Set, and more aggressive too, flawless tennis.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
It seems so much depends on other matches ... I wonder though if that's really true for Rafa--because a win gets him more points for YE #1--if Djok loses he will be highly motivated but motivated regardless because even if Djok beats Fed, I think Rafa can still get #1 with a win over TSitsi and Djok not winning the whole thing.

But Tsitsi's motivation is a real factor.

I think Rafa might take this in 3. He was playing better against Med than AZ, especially last two sets, and Az was serving 140 mph regularly and just blasting winners. Rafa never got any rhythm.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Realistically Tsitsipas will go all out for one set to show his teeth and then take it easy to preserve his body.
He's got a SF, and maybe also a final, to play, no?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm not sure Nadal and his fans should want to win, either. If Medvedev beats Zverev, then Nadal beating Tsitsipas would lead to a SF roasting of Nadal by Djokovic. For YE #1, it's better to give nextgen / Thiem two shots to beat Djokovic (in the SF and F).

Nadal already got the win he needed when he beat a choking Meddy. That win forced Djokovic to have to win the tournament to finish #1.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
Dull will have full motivation to win whereas Tsitsipas may not as he’s already qualified and he would probably rather play Thiem than Djokovic or Federer. Dull will probably win in straights if he brings a decent enough level.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
I'm not sure Nadal and his fans should want to win, either. If Medvedev beats Zverev, then Nadal beating Tsitsipas would lead to a SF roasting of Nadal by Djokovic. For YE #1, it's better to give nextgen / Thiem two shots to beat Djokovic (in the SF and F).

Nadal already got the win he needed when he beat a choking Meddy. That win forced Djokovic to have to win the tournament to finish #1.
Dull has to finish as no.1 the pussy way instead of the proper way by playing Djokovic to see who is the true no.1 of the year. Dull knows he’s gonna get his ass handed to him by Djokovic lmao.

·
justice for all
14,651 Posts
It’s also possible Nadal will tank now that he knows he can only play one of Fed/Djok in the SF.
I smell another act of cowardice incoming...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Tsitsi will win.DK in 2 or 3

1 - 20 of 26 Posts