1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H2H: 26-22 Djoković
Hard H2H: 19-17 Djoković
Indoor H2H: 6-4 Djoković
Last indoor match: Paris-Bercy 2018 SF: Djoković 7–6 (6) 5–7 7–6 (3)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
This gets far spicier than I've thought. Both of them not only have the SF spot to play for, but Fred can destroy Djok's chances for nr. 1 spot, which would hurt the Serb. Making your 128th SF at the WTF wouldn't be such a big deal, but preventing your rival from overcoming your number of YE nr. 1... Very tasty.

So Djokovic in 2.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great chance for Federer to ease some of the pain of Wimbledon by preventing Djokovic YE1 as well protecting his weeks at no 1. He'll be up for it. Expecting the slice to play a big part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting fact: Federer beat Djokovic in their penultimate meeting at the ATP EOY back in 2015. However, he hasn't won the title here since 2011. Simone Biles hadn't won a single international gymnastics gold as of 2011.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
A chance for Fed to directly protect one of his own cherished records. I like it. Winner stays, loser goes home.

·
Registered
29,026 Posts
I mean normally I'd give Fed good chances to win here in London but for some reason he just hasn't been looking good in this tournament so far.
Movement a bit sluggish, not very clean hitting. Djokovic on the other hand lost today but he was moving fine. His only problem was that he was a bit to defensive in the rallies. I doubt it will look like that when he faces Roger though.

But who knows. Maybe Fed will up his level and come out guns blazing. He will need to serve well too.

I like the fact that the winner reaches SF, important stuff on the line.

Reactions: MWW and Pedigree

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Does Fed have to win in straights to qualify? Just winning will be tough, I'll go for Nole in 3, at least no failure to take match points this time please!

Assume this will be evening match.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Djoker must win the first set I suspect, after the marathon tonight. Fed probably didn't expect to have this type of opportunity so soon after Wimb, keep Djoke off the No 1 spot now and he's going to find it difficult to return.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Interesting fact: Federer beat Djokovic in their penultimate meeting at the ATP EOY back in 2015.
That wasn't an elimination match. Djokovic was still a big favourite to make the SF because he faced his ultimate pigeon Berdych in the 3rd match. He played with a completely different attitude in the final.

Does Fed have to win in straights to qualify? Just winning will be tough, I'll go for Nole in 3, at least no failure to take match points this time please!

Assume this will be evening match.
Which part of loser goes home is so tough to understand? ;)

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
H2H: 26-22 Djoković
Hard H2H: 19-17 Djoković
Indoor H2H: 6-4 Djoković
Last indoor match: Paris-Bercy 2018 SF: Djoković 7–6 (6) 5–7 7–6 (3)
Was a highly quality one that, Fed was coming on really strong at end of second set but novak then kept in the third and took his chance in the tie break.

Also shows how much stronger than Fed he is in the tiebreaks in their matches nowadays. Could easily be at least one on Thursday if Fed's serve is in good working order.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
That wasn't an elimination match. Djokovic was still a big favourite to make the SF because he faced his ultimate pigeon Berdych in the 3rd match. He played with a completely different attitude in the final.

Which part of loser goes home is so tough to understand? ;)
Just wasn't sure, I remember one year Murray won two matches in the group and still didn't get through, think the same may have happened to Fed aswell?

·
Registered
569 Posts
If they both play like last 2 matches, Djokovic will win something like 6-3 6-3. And this being such an important match with the loser going home, no way Djokovic loses. But will be hilarious if Fed peaks out of nowhere and sends Djok home

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Hopefully Fed peaks and saves his weeks at #1 record (and chance at the title)
Not confident though about this match,

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Not to confident for Federer this week.
Nole could be gassed out.

May the best player win. I have nowish in this outcome.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts