1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

H2H: 4-2 Thiem
Hard H2H: 3-1 Thiem
Indoor H2H: First Match

Hopefully Thiem schools the greek in straight sets.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Tsitsipas to get his first big title (in fact first above 250), it feels kinda due,

Stef in tight 2 sets. meaning Nadal won the real final ?.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Honestly just hope it’s an epic match. The only good match this WTF was Domi vs Novak IMO. The rest fairly boring.

I think Stef wins this. His all court game is more likely to be on, than Thiem’s bashing

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
We will have third new ATP Finals champion three years in a row.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The Austrian professional tennis player in 3 tight sets.

Although....click and look what I wrote here:

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Like both. Have no special outcome.
Hope its a good Final.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I like both players, although I prefer Stef as he is still first in line to be my favorite when Rafa retires. Both guys are playing great tennis. It would be so huge for Stef to get his first truly big title. With that said, I just feel like Thiem’s serve, ability to cover the court, and experience will help him prevail. Let’s call it 7-5, 4-6, 6-3

·
Registered
15,671 Posts
Tsitsipas to surprise all and win in straights.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I like both.
I prefer Thiem, I think, but when you like both, sometimes you don't know till you see them playing.
Aside from liking Thiem a bit more, I also think he's a bit better.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I like both so I’m happy with any result, but Thiem deserves this more, he’s been impressive this week.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Your visions will happen
48,184 Posts
Thiem in 3 I see. His level has been the highest all week in the matches that mattered

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
It is quite open, I would say 50-50. Nerves will play a great part in this match as it would mean the biggest title for both of them. Dominic has a bit more experience. The conditions should favour Stefanos, but Dominic gained a lot of confidence on indoors recently by winning his home tournament in Vienna and by beating Roger and Novak in the group stage, so the difference won't be as important as it would have been months ago. The cold that Dominic caught did not seem to affect him yesterday, he does not have a big infection like he had this summer during the American tour.

I would love to see Dominic winning, it might be a unique opportunity for him in such a tournament, I don't think he will have chances every year at the WTF. As for Stefanos, I like very much his game, he is younger, even if loses, he will have many more opportunities. In any case, I am happy with the results of the event so far, a victory of Dominic would be the icing on the cake tough. Hopefully, we get a great match to see.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
What is this about Thiem being sick?
He has played his best tennis of the year, it seems to me. Straight set wins over Djok, Fed and AZ.
Show me the "sick" please.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts