·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shaun in for his second title I think.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,327 Posts
Murphy. Unfortunate that the other players have been mediocre (save for McGill, which he defeated), because I think he could have won either way.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I have no idea what are you talking about? :shrug:

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
This is for snooker, right?

Still sore about Selby losing.
Selby was clearly off. Almost lost in R1 before crashing out R2. Crucible curse stikes again. No new World Champion does well the next year, not even Stephen Hendry managed to break that curse.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Shame that the little Crucible GOATie Hawkins lost...I wanted Bingham - Hawkins, but Murphy is just too strong these days.
I am rooting for Bingham though, it will be huge, if he´ll take WCH title at age 38 (almost 39).

Missed yesterday´s SF against Trumpy :( Looks like a great final session.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
They are saying Chelsea won..

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Murphy can play at the same level of Selby, Robertson and Ding imho. In fact he can often be better than some of them. Look at the Masters this year.

·
Registered
26,104 Posts
Murphy can play at the same level of Selby, Robertson and Ding imho. In fact he can often be better than some of them. Look at the Masters this year.
The other top players have a far better safety game. Murphy can only dominate with strong long potting and scoring, Hendry type of domination, but tough to beat top players back to back with this type of game, because they can also score heavily. He was really lucky to avoid Maguire/Selby, Robertson and Trump/Ronnie. He basically played McGill and Hawkins the round after they had peaked.

·
Registered
26,104 Posts
This type of final is the reason why I always skip the final rounds in Sheffield and only watch the first two rounds. Would be disappointing to pay money for the SF/F tickets and then get this final. In the first two rounds at least I get to see the players I want to see.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The other top players have a far better safety game. Murphy can only dominate with strong long potting and scoring, Hendry type of domination, but tough to beat top players back to back with this type of game, because they can also score heavily. He was really lucky to avoid Maguire/Selby, Robertson and Trump/Ronnie. He basically played McGill and Hawkins the round after they had peaked.
Disagree, you are descibing a Allen, Williams, type of player, Murphy has excellent safety game and ball control. Superior to the likes of Dott for examples. Under current form it wouldn't have been surprising to see him beating Selby and he dismantled Robbo at a major just a couple of months ago. Yea a Trump/Ronnie final vs Murphy would have had its charm of course.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This type of final is the reason why I always skip the final rounds in Sheffield and only watch the first two rounds. Would be disappointing to pay money for the SF/F tickets and then get this final. In the first two rounds at least I get to see the players I want to see.
In recent years it's been true, you'd have seen ROS eating Carter and Hawkings but last year SF and F were the best matches of the tournament.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts