Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Isner is unfortunately the favorite in this match up, and will likely win. I sure hope not, though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think Anderson will make his second GS final :lol: The winner of this match has no chance in the final, though.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
This should actually be a good match-up for Anderson given his reach/height combined with his returning abilities and advantages from the baseline, but nonetheless, there will be tiebreaks and it's quite obvious Isner is the stronger player of the two mentally.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Isner leads the head to head 8-3 but they haven't played in over 3 years, and you could argue both have played some of their career best tennis within them 3 years since, especially the past 12 months.

I think the match-up is closer than the head to head suggests and the key to the match will be, aside from serving well, returning well. Overall I just think Anderson is better on the grass at reaching the low balls, keeping the rallies going for that extra shot. I think Anderson wins in 4, both players winning one tiebreak each and Anderson winning his other 2 sets by a single break margin. Isner will be broken for the first time at this Wimbledon by Anderson I believe.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Isner or KAndy in Wimbledon final. Please, wake me up asap! :lol:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Finally Isner does something at Wimbledon. I knew when I made the underachiever thread on him a few months back he should've done more at Wimbledon down the years and here he is.

Think Anderson will take this in 4 though. Let's hope he puts up better show in the final than the woeful effort in the US open.

Isner in a grand slam final would be pretty wierd. No idea what to expect. This is a man though who once took Nadal to 5 sets at RG. When did he last play Nadal or Djokovic on grass?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The best part about this matchup being an Isner advantageoutside of no Federer, is what he did well vs. Raonic he can do the same against Anderson as they're roughly equals

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Amazingly they haven't played since 2015 but Anderson has won their last 5 meetings. Although Kandy didn't choke today I'm not convinced he's now become mentally strong. Isner also had an easier match today so I voted, narrowly, for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Kandy wins it though, and I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
The best part about this matchup being an Isner advantageoutside of no Federer, is what he did well vs. Raonic he can do the same against Anderson as they're roughly equals
Not really, Raonic did a lot of Serve and Volley and not always to good effect. Anderson will play from the baseline and is better than Raonic there.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts