1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Stan won't know what hit him

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Feli Lopez in 4. Been far more consistent so far, serving great and playing some great grass court tennis. Feli should make QF number 4 on the green stuff.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
This is an amazing, no incredible opportunity for Lopez. The Quarter finals of a grand-slam?! I'd be so chuffed for the bloke personally. A natural tennis player, touch, feel guile and timing. :yeah: Top bloke and reacted amazingly to the disappointment of losing to Dimitrov at Queens after missing multiple championship points. I'm sure if Feliciano had been around in the 90s he would have made some semi-finals or/and even finals here at Wimbledon and given to Sampras a good run for his money.

Wawrinka has had 3 cake-walk matches. This is a career defining match for Feliciano, I really hope he can capitalise on the opportunity.

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
I think Loped may have some chance here, But when stan on fire, everything is possible.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Technically speaking, Felly is favourite.

When you match their games up on paper for a match that will be contested on a grass-court? It has to be Lopez that goes into this one the favourite.

·
Registered
428 Posts
This is an amazing, no incredible opportunity for Lopez. The Quarter finals of a grand-slam?! I'd be so chuffed for the bloke personally. A natural tennis player, touch, feel guile and timing. :yeah: Top bloke and reacted amazingly to the disappointment of losing to Dimitrov at Queens after missing multiple championship points. I'm sure if Feliciano had been around in the 90s he would have made some semi-finals or/and even finals here at Wimbledon and given to Sampras a good run for his money.

Wawrinka has had 3 cake-walk matches. This is a career defining match for Feliciano, I really hope he can capitalise on the opportunity.
:confused:

He's been to Wimbledon QFs 3 times before so not really...especially as he'd be probably playing Federer there

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just checked his wimb results and its funny how it looks..
Since 2004 he's gone like this, 3rd, QF, 1st, 3rd, QF, 1st, 3rd, QF, 1st, 3rd, 2014? :)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
please feli

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
:confused:

He's been to Wimbledon QFs 3 times before so not really...especially as he'd be probably playing Federer there
My bad, you're right, though it feels much bigger for him this time around. Perhaps because of his age?

·
23,063 Posts
According to history they have played 5 times, with Stan leading the H2H 3-2, and met last year in Paris Indoors where Stan won it in 3 Sets. They have met on HC thrice (2-1) and Clay twice (1-1). This would be their first meeting on grass and should be interesting. Stan has been playing better on grass, but seems to be his movement and defense is still not in high competitive level yet here, so Lopez defending might be a problem for him who had better touch. The key here is how Stan serves well and needs to be consistent on return like what Dimitrov did against him in Queen's Club (with a little help of Lopez feeling the pressure on tight points).

I also agree Lopez is the favorite here, but if Stan gets his backhand returns well and gets control I think he could surprisingly make the match a lot easier for him. Either winning is really OK with me (hope CC match) but Stan with a chance to face Federer in a Slam again and finally complete the Career Slam QF after losing early on RG would be nice.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Lopez should really clinch this

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Lopez deserves this much more than Stan, so I hope he can win this.

Tough..Wawrinka could expose that BH.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Lopez has a great chance here. He's brilliant on grass and will make it hard for Wawrinka, that's for sure.

Lopez in 4.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stan's done better than I thought he would, but Lopez is the far more competent grass court player IMO and should win this in 3 or 4.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts