Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nole is by far playing better tennis than anyone this tournament, and he is taking grass tennis to new heights with his complete game with no weaknesses. Nole has done everything to perfection, including bot.

As for Khachanov, he needed 14 sets to win 3 matches, was down 2-0 to Tiafoe, and really got lucky his match vs Ferrer didn't go 5 also.

This will be a nice practice session for Nole in straight sets.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I believe Khachanov is just spectacular! He will be very huge soon.
Not many of us on MTF, considering how little attention he gets despite going further here than other more hyped young players (bar Tsitsi).

Edit: Not necessarily a bad thing though to go under the radar.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Tiafoe reportedly got sick which allowed Karen win the last two sets, not saying he didn't deserve it, but I'm saying he hasn't exactly been great in this tournament.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Khachanov is a tremendous ball striker from the baseline like del Po. If he could improve his consistency, he could threaten Top 10 players outside Big 3. The Big 3 have a league of their own, so, generally, you have to go with Big 3 against any player, unless they play each other. Upsets and exceptions can happen.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
To be honest I don't think Karen Khachanov is that dangerous, and he was disappointing at the French Open against Alexander Zverev, no plan B whatsoever. I think Novak Djokovic will win fairly easily.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think Edmund was more dangerous for Djokovic than Khachanov will be.

Novak in 3, perhaps 4 if Khachanov has a great serving day.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Khachanov is a good grass court player ... even scared Federer once... but he did lose in straight sets to Nadal on grass once which tarnish his legacy..
Djokovic in 4..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Djokovic to do infinite ballbounces on every important point once again, the umpire will pretend not to notice once again.

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
Karen's run ends here, even if he takes a set if his service will be reliable. It was a great tournament for him though. Djokovic in 4.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Djokovic in 4. But it was a great tournament for Khachanov. The third 4th round in a slam and the first outside of Roland Garros. I'm sure we will see him in 2019 in a quarterfinal and soon in the top 20.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,612 Posts
Karen is less dangerous than Kyle. The russian plays like Sock without the volley. Novak in 3.
Khachanov has a pretty decent BH which Sock lacks. He was nervy in his opening matches that said.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Karen is less dangerous than Kyle. The russian plays like Sock without the volley. Novak in 3.
Khachanov has a pretty decent BH which Sock lacks. He was nervy in his opening matches that said.
You’re right! But not good volley like Sock. I think Edmund was more dangerous than Khachanov.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts