Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Both showed some solid play during the first week. Their H2H is currently at 6-4 in Simon's advantage. Who will win this one?

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Well Simon (unlike Monfils) at least has a chance of being competitive with Berdych...

That being said it's Simon in R4 of a slam so... yeah, Berdych in 4.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Berdych should win this, Simon is very weak in Grand Slams against top players.
That said, Simon usually likes to face him, so I expect at least 4 sets.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Hopefully Simon but I think Berdych most likely.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Simon to set up a QF against Undefeated Grasscourter, c'mon! :sport:
come on simon
berdych reaching the quarters will be a disgrace.
I love me some RBA --> Simon --> Pospisil --> Wawrinka second week draw.
Classic Fedtards. Hope all the big guns lose because Federer isn't good enough anymore and go back to 2007 and play the likes of Roddick, Blake, Robredo, Gonzalez, Baghdatis, Baby Nadal, etc.

Disgraceful.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Gilles wont win this if he isn't trying to take the ball early and counter punch. If he goes too defensive Berdy will have too much power. He needs to redirect Berdy's pace early and keep the big guy moving.

Still this surely has a minimum of 4 sets written all over.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Classic Fedtards. Hope all the big guns lose because Federer isn't good enough anymore and go back to 2007 and play the likes of Roddick, Blake, Robredo, Gonzalez, Baghdatis, Baby Nadal, etc.

Disgraceful.
:yawn: Not even one mention of Berdych or Simon...
Strange how you try and make every thread about Federer when you claim not to support him.
Stay on topic or piss off. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Disgraceful.
As far as I recall, he didn't play any of those at Wimbledon aside from Roddick who could play some mean tennis on grass at his best and "baby" Nadal who was 10x times the better grasscourter in those days than in the last 4-5 years (quality wise 2007 Wimbledon final is probably the best I've ever seen).

That said while I'm a Fed fan and have nothing against Simon personally (he actually strikes me as a genuinely nice guy) I don't want to see his brand of tennis reaching Wimbledon QF so I'll be rooting for Berdman.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Berdych in 4.5

1 - 20 of 29 Posts