·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Exciting prospect. Haven't seen much of Dolgopolov this season so could very well be a tricky match for Grigor.

·
Registered
21,395 Posts
A mediocre returner like Dimitrov will struggle immensely if Dolgopolov serves like he did today (42 aces, 1 DF). Has to be a tad better from the ground, though. Dolgopolov in 4.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
If Dimitrov keeps playing well, he should be able to routine Dolgo in 3.

Grigor on faster surfaces is a terrible matchup for Dolgo, just see Basel's assassination.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
A mediocre returner like Dimitrov will struggle immensely if Dolgopolov serves like he did today (42 aces, 1 DF). Has to be a tad better from the ground, though. Dolgopolov in 4.
That is assuming Dolgopolov doesn't help and serve 1 ace and 42 DFs in this match.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Please don't put that much stock into that ace number...Yes, Dolgo served well but Becker had some physical problems from the many matches he has played recently and was going through the motions in 50% of Dolgo's service games...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Please don't put that much stock into that ace number...Yes, Dolgo served well but Becker had some physical problems from the many matches he has played recently and was going through the motions in 50% of Dolgo's service games...
I actually agree with him we all know Dimi is a below average returner, it depends how well Dolgo serves,he could serve 40DF's and it wouldn't surprise me
Can actually see a tie break or 2 it be close, someone in 4

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Tough match to predict, agree that Dimitrov isn´t best returner, but don´t act like Dolgo is such good server - yes he is great server but not that good - 42 aces today was anomally not ordinary for him - his 1st serve is good - bombs to lines, but generally low FS% and today Becker probably tanked few return games when he was down otherwise i can´t see how Dolgo had 2 aces per game

To this match i think 4-5 set epic it has writter all over - i predict Dolgo in 5 epic sets

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I actually agree with him we all know Dimi is a below average returner, it depends how well Dolgo serves,he could serve 40DF's and it wouldn't surprise me
Can actually see a tie break or 2 it be close, someone in 4
I didn't say anything about the match, did I? Dolgo can serve well and certainly make it difficult for Grigor(yes, Dimitrov's return is one of the worst in the top 20), but don't expect Dolgo to put on an Isner/Karlovic/Ivanisevic like serve performance... that 42 ace statistic is meaningless...

·
Registered
21,395 Posts
Didnt Dolgo`s oppopent was set up and serving for the second.Dolgo wasnt even about to lost this match leave alone his aces :wavey:
Didn't Dimitrov lose in straight sets to Karlovic on clay?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Looking forward to this match up, I wanted to see it at Queens but now it appears we get to have with a fully fit Dolgo.

Head 2 Head is 1-1 if we discount the w/d by Dolgo at Queens.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Becker was injured. He did not moved a lot when returning the Dolgopolov serve today. So i would not overrate the amount of aces.

I'll go with Dimitrov here in 4 sets. Something like 7-6 5-7 6-4 7-5.

But will be tough for sure. Dolgopolov is one of those guys who can defeat any player on any surface.

·
Registered
21,395 Posts
W are at Wimbledon right? As always ur posts have no sense.Add u in my ignore list.
Yes, at Wimbledon, where you have even less chances with a bad return :wavey:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts