WWW ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Kyrgios here.

Kyrgios is one of the most talented players of all time. He does have everything. Unbelievable arsenal of weapons.

Although I had lost all my hope about him, here is a huge chance to prove that he has always been the real deal.

Nadal, on the other hand, well.. no need to say anything.

Kyrgios in easy 5.

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Finally we get another Dullgios blockbuster at Wimby, after 5 heavy years. Cannot wait!

Thugios in 4 hard fought sets, something like 7-6 (10), 7-5, 2-6, 7-6 (16)

Just for the lolz

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I think Nadal will win it in straight sets, he will be motivated as ever as he dreams to give a lesson to the bad boy

Anyhow, I would like to see Nick winning it. Of course, he is not an example for our sport, but Nadal has been complaining about everything recently that he annoys me more than ever.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
So here is what Kyrgios needs to do:

- Rain down some good serves at the beginning, making Nadal retreat to the stands
- Then dropping in underarm serves on a constant basis, even if the W/L ratio will be negative. Because it will make Nadal unsecure about his returning position and disrupt his rhythm.
- Variation, variaton, variation. Never do the same. Don't go into long rallies, unless the point really matters. Give points away. Give games away. Even give sets away. Do all there is that Nadal never feels comfortable.
- If a loss is a certainty, just upper the clown level even more, showing Nadal that you don't give a shit. He will hate that.

I'm very optimistic that Kyrgios will do any of this. So Nadal may win, but oh boy will it get entertaining.

And now watch and enjoy:

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Ralph representing tennis, while Gyros obviously is the better human being. Got to evaluate carefully for whom I'm going to root on Thursday.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think Nadal will win it in straight sets, he will be motivated as ever as he dreams to give a lesson to the bad boy

Anyhow, I would like to see Nick winning it. Of course, he is not an example for our sport, but Nadal has been complaining about everything recently that he annoys me more than ever.
Complaining ? he gave his honest thoughts (isn’t that what we ask of athletes..) about the seeding. When you look at the full context of his quotes, he basically said that he thinks every major should do this or none at all in order to keep it consistent. I think anyone in his position coming off a major win and the fact he has earned his #2 overall ranking would be pretty annoyed. Just looking for reasons to complain if that bothers you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Kyrgios' match to lose obviously. I am going with Nick in 4 because he will find a way to clown away at least one set. If he's healthy, will be motivated to remind everyone that he beat Nadal in his teens whilst Aussies are still obsessed with their useless media darling de Minaur who can't beat anyone half decent.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
It's on! Nearly Headless Nick vs Raging Bull. This is most anticipated early GS match in recent memory. Hopefully there'll be a lot of excitement and drama (both tennis and non-tennis). Nick will use all his serve variety (from 220+ kph bombs to underarm masterpieces) to frustrate Rafa. I'm not rulling out some brawl as well, especially if El Padrino comes to London to support his nephew. No prediction, just hope: 5-setter, bring it on!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good luck to Rafa.He will need against clown

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Complaining ? he gave his honest thoughts (isn’t that what we ask of athletes..) about the seeding. When you look at the full context of his quotes, he basically said that he thinks every major should do this or none at all in order to keep it consistent. I think anyone in his position coming off a major win and the fact he has earned his #2 overall ranking would be pretty annoyed. Just looking for reasons to complain if that bothers you.

I am not only speaking about the Wimbledon seeding system, but mostly about the fact that almost in each interview, he is speaking about all the injuries he had...sorry but he is just mentioned it again a few minutes ago at the BBC...Sorry but that are many guys on the tour who have been much often injured than Rafa, and they don't speak about it all the time.
He should be happy with all he accomplished instead of always complaining.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nadal in 5.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts