Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bring it Home
21,061 Posts
Yeah, Sela with a nice shot here. I see this going to 5 sets.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I think Dudi wins this. Thiem is just yuck on grass at this stage of his career anyway.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I haven't watched thiem one grass but after watching sela for the first time against Cuevas i cant see how someone as talented as thiem could lose to this guy

·
Registered
26,145 Posts
Sela doesn't like grass.

Speaking to Jewish News ahead of this year’s tournament, which begins on Monday, the 30-year-old, who will be Israel’s only singles player at the tournament, said: “It’s good to be playing there, I’m looking forward to it. Grass isn’t one of my favourite surfaces and how far I can go depends a lot on the draw. We’ll see who I get and take it from there.”

Taking part in competitions at both Ilkey and Nottingham over the past week to get used to the grass surface, the latter of which saw him knocked out of the second round on Tuesday, he said: “Preparations have been ok. I practiced on the hard courts in Israel before coming over here with the aim to play a few matches. I wasn’t expecting too much, just to get some matches.”

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sela doesn't like grass.

Speaking to Jewish News ahead of this year’s tournament, which begins on Monday, the 30-year-old, who will be Israel’s only singles player at the tournament, said: “It’s good to be playing there, I’m looking forward to it. Grass isn’t one of my favourite surfaces and how far I can go depends a lot on the draw. We’ll see who I get and take it from there.”

Taking part in competitions at both Ilkey and Nottingham over the past week to get used to the grass surface, the latter of which saw him knocked out of the second round on Tuesday, he said: “Preparations have been ok. I practiced on the hard courts in Israel before coming over here with the aim to play a few matches. I wasn’t expecting too much, just to get some matches.”
Dudi likes the hard courts the most, but on grass he reached QFs at Newport and Queens (where he beat Roddick). Also, his best result on GS was at Wimbledon - 4th round on 2009. so it's not like clay, where he is the underdog at almost every match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts